Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I ran into a funny problem with my OCZ GXS 700W. Probably just due to my stupidity, but I found out it doesn't like having the PCIe-#2 plugged in with #1 not. Completely forgot to read the 12v line distribution, and was getting huge crashes and graphical glitches. No wonder, PCIE#2 and the CPU power share a 12v line, looks like I was taxing that 12v too much.

Just a tip- If you only have a single high-end video card make sure to use PCIE-#1.

Thay honored my order at 129 and I get the $20 off coupon. UPS says out for delivery, so I should have it when I get home tonight.....

after it went back up or while it was listed as 129 ?

cause mine at 129 went through and it'll be here today :)

Well, I ran into a funny problem with my OCZ GXS 700W. Probably just due to my stupidity, but I found out it doesn't like having the PCIe-#2 plugged in with #1 not. Completely forgot to read the 12v line distribution, and was getting huge crashes and graphical glitches. No wonder, PCIE#2 and the CPU power share a 12v line, looks like I was taxing that 12v too much.

Just a tip- If you only have a single high-end video card make sure to use PCIE-#1.

I've had my GXS700 since they first came out. Slot #2 is the only one I've ever run my x1900xt in. I haven't had any problems with it.

SeanDude05 has just experienced the problem with improper loading of the rails in a multi-rail PSU.