pc turning its self on

hi all as it says in the title i turn the pc of head of out and come back and it has turned its self on it has done this a few times on me im wondering is there a setting in the bios i have missed or is this a bit of a querk in the bios im still using the bios it shipped with

cheers

turn off all the wake up options like wake on keyboard, wake on LAN, wake on modem (dont think they have that any more) wake on usb

if that works you can always turn the ones you want on one at a time and see which one it is

goto contol panel, click network connections>right click marvel yukon local area connection> click properties> click configure>click advanced tab> click wake up capabilities> selct none from the menu then press ok.

This stopped my pc from turning itslef on. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. If you have already tried this and also made sure all wake up functions are disabled in bios then I'm stumped.

I would take the motherboard out and set it up on a test bench (out of the case) with only the cpu w/heatsink, two memory sticks in orange slots, video card, harddrive and of course the power supply. Leave it there for couple of days to see any different results. If so you have a problem with the power switch or something else is wrong with your case. That's all i can think of.

Its probably your memory settings. There is 1 setting that will make your pc auto turn on randomly if set wrong. It was either the Max Async Latency or Read Preamble. I think it was read preamble. Set it to something more conservative.