Is She Gone

Inu_Yasha

Ok, I have a soundblaster live (it may be live value...) that might have finally died on me. I got it with my old gateway and have been using it in my parents comp, but on Thursday the comp bluescreened with the text "hardware malfunction". After that the comp wouldn't turn on, after diagnosing the problem I found out the sound card was the problem. I tried the card in my system and it wouldn't boot either (my parents have an amd and I have intel) so its not the procs or mobos that could be the problem. I'm wondering if the card is shot... Also, has anyone had experience with creative's coustomer service? Thanks all.

live's are out of warranty I believe. also if it's oem you gotta go thru your OEM (yes they know cuz it's a different PN). plus they're serious recipt nazis at creative... I do believe you may be in a bind. try the KX audio drivers first if the card is having issues. it saved me from having to sent back an audigy I thought was bad.

I'm not too sure what happened before the blue screen, considering that my dad was on the computer last, it must have been listening to music. He's not a gamer, so it wasn't play games. I've tried the card in a third computer since then and it still won't boot. It has the be the card, and I'm sure gateway won't be able to replace the card because it is about 1-2 yrs out of warrenty. I was thinking about sending it in to creative, but if they need a reciept then I'm doomed