Amd Althon 2400

I have a 2.2Ghz Pentium 4 but its shockingly poor when it comes to gaming and i can't OC it because my motherboard sucks and also the P4 is really poor quality - jumpy clock speeds.

So i have looked at getting a motherbaord kit from http://www.savastore.com/products/product....10261462&pid=40 with these specs:

AMD Athlon XP2400 Processor

MSI MS-6712 KT4 Motherboard

256Mb PC2700 DDR Memory

Is the processor included in this pack any good for overclocking and also will the motherboard let me... if not how much would an overclockable cpu (looking to get around 2.2 - 2.4Ghz at least) and a decent motherbaord set me back (standard ATX not miniATX as i would like the PCI slots for IDE controller cards (gonna get a few mroe HD's)

Thanks,

Stew

Srry but im in the us so i dont know prices these are just american ones.

Hmm for what u want your best wold be to get an amd 2500+ which are around 85 bucks an nforce 2 delux which is like what 115 guys? Pc 3200 is a must ur choice on how much and if ur gonna dual channel and finaly a devent hsf combo.

it would be cheaper, however i doubt my P4 will actually overclock without blowing up as its a crappy OEM one (i own a packard bell which im slowly converting to my own machine.... only things which are original are motherbaord, proc and graphics card.)

i cant actually find any 2500's here at all.

well i have a 2400+ oc to 2255mhz using a pc2700 (rly crappy one) i can go over 166... and im stuck, im sure i can get a better overclock if can get a good pc 3200... so if you get a 2400+ and want to go over 2255 (166x13.5) get as good pc3200, preferably dual channel and NOT a generic ram!! get it from a good company (ex. OCZ, Corsair, etc.)... goof luck ;) and you need a good heatsink!!!

ive seen good overclocks from p4 from sonys and hps . just get a new mobo and a better h/s and fan hell even some better ram i bet you can get that 2.2 up to at least 2.6 or higher

really?, a good oc from a HP processor... *gasp*

what motherboard, fan and h/s do you recommend? (also how would I o/c a P4, as i know the mults are locked so is it just the FSB which i can change along with the voltage?)