[1KW PSU]weird psu problem

edjahman

Dude, what do you not understand about the information you've been given.

Everything in this thread is directly related to your issue.

Just because you don't understand the problem doesn't mean we haven't given you some options you should try.

Every piece of hardware is different. If two components don't play nice together you've got to make a change.

Contact PCP&C to see what they say about the issue.

This thread is closed.

Is this professional DFI support?? Close the thread, delete the posts and the problem goes away. So do the loyal customers. I sold one expert last week because of similar BS.

jp

:cool:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so are you saying if he uses the 8-4 pin adapter it should all work as there all under load??

What we're saying is that edjahman got an email from PCP&C tech support making some statements that are exactly wrong.

THunDA posted a pic of his setup showing exactly how other users have their 1KW power supplies connected to the motherboard.

According to the email from PCP&C, the power supply will not work if it's hooked up like the pic shows.

At least two other forum members have their units hooked up exactly like THunDA and aren't having any problems.

We're not saying anything else about the 1KW units since we haven't tested any other configurations.

Well ive tried it like THunDA's and it still fails to boot ! :(

Im a little confused.. I thought edjahman was the one with the problem.. ?!?!

Are you also having the same problem.. ?

edit..

Sorry I just saw your other thread..

Guys please forgive my poor modding skills today.. I merged daNutz's thread into this one to keep all the info in one place since you guys are having the same problem.. But when I merged it.. it put daNutz's thread in the middle from post 13-20.. Im a bad mod today.. :(

Back on topic..

Im not sure what the problem is here.. But according to Pc Power and Cooling they are saying that with the way I have it hooked up (and Acegoober) the PSU should not be working.. But as you all see it works fine for me..

Im going to try and unplug the 2x80mm fans that are on that line for my ram tonight just to see if for some silly reason it makes a difference..

Guest Timmay

Have you thought to RMA the PSU?

Edited By THunDA

Removed your unnecessary comment.. Please be nice.

I have a PCP&C 1KW (non-quad) PSU with the same model of motherboard you have, and everything works fine connected the same way THunDA has it.

If you want to throw logic out the door, not take the time to determine what is really causing your problems, and just blindly blame the motherboard, fine, that is your perogative.

Personally, I would rather see everyone work together and find what the real issue is.

well this is gay...

think i might ditch this dfi and get an asus or something...

theres always something buggy with the dfi's

Personally, I really appreciate everyone's help here and I love my DFI board much better then my Abit Fatal1ty. Yes, I do have the quad sli psu. I haven't tried what was suggested to me yet because I am very busy. I will soon and report back.

Thank You, Everyone!

--EJM

well this is gay...

think i might ditch this dfi and get an asus or something...

theres always something buggy with the dfi's

I totally understand your fustration.. But sometimes when your running new cutting edge stuff there will be stupid little incompatibilities with hardware.. It doesnt matter who makes it or how expensive it is.. this will always happen..

There's three things that I could suggest at this point..

1- Email Pc Power and Cooling telling them your problem.. you can even link them to this thread and maybe they will get involved.

2- Since my non-Quad version psu works as AceGoober's does then maybe you can request a the non-Quad version in exchange for yours.. Its only a $10 difference and its not like the non-Quad version is a wimp..

3- Go buy a different mobo..

Now if I was in your shoes I would choose #2.. IMO there's a good chance this will work since we have two people that have Quad versions and they dont work.. Then there's two people that have non-Quad versions and these work fine..

To me that sounds like good odds..

I cant tell you what to do.. but I can lay out the options for you ..