Oc with a Sapphire X1900 xtx

What is the best way to OC my new Sapphire X1900 xtx.

I was checking software like Ati tools, and Riva Tuner, and those kind of fun programs.

Can someone give me some directions to follow. I want to learn and get all the juicy from my little card.

The first time I overclocked an ATI I used the ATITOOL. But when I upgraded to the x850xt PE I really enjoyed using ATI Tray Tool. In the end I used an 80w Pelt and was able to hit 780Mhz on the core with the ATI Tray Tool. It just gives you more options and extras to play with.

If u are not familiar with the x1000 series cards thay can be head ache to try to OC if u dont understand them. As far as I know ATI Tray Tool will not work with these cards. Most people use ATI Tool. Here is a link that will give u just about all the info u need on OC the card, its a real big thread but the info is good. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=440151

If u are not familiar with the x1000 series cards thay can be head ache to try to OC if u dont understand them. As far as I know ATI Tray Tool will not work with these cards. Most people use ATI Tool. Here is a link that will give u just about all the info u need on OC the card, its a real big thread but the info is good. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=440151

Thanks a lot, is long and pretty good post :angel:

Wish my new rig was already here!

That is one of the threads that i got pointed to when first trying to overclock my 1900xt. Its definetly a good one and gives you idea on settings to try and whatnot. OutlawFX is right in saying ATi Tray Tools does NOT support overclocking the x1900 series as of yet, but im sure that within the next update or 2, they will start supporting it. I personally use ATiTool and it does everything i need it to from clocks to voltages to fan speed. Grade A tool if you ask me.

ATI tray tool will work with the card but AFAIK it can not be used to overclock. with that said its 100% better than CCC, you should run the 6.4 drivers and wmd without installing CCC, then use ATI Tray Tool only for switching settings.

ATI Tool will overclock but you need to disable the 2 ATI services from startup, this way the card will not recognize the 2d/3d switch and will always run in "2D profile" you overclock this 2D profile. dont forget to up the voltage on the core to 1.425v, or else you wont even be able to run stock default 3D speed. the ram voltage is the same for 2d/3d, 2.089v i think.