Nero and file caching

jaap74

Okay i'm done, someone else help this dude out....i can't take this . no more....

like i said thanks for your help but i don't understand why you are so confused..... i would have thought that since you've made so many posts you would understand simple concepts...

Okay i'm done, someone else help this dude out....i can't take this . no more....

whooooaaaa Mack

calm down and take a step back my friend

no need to drop an attitude bomb here

jaap: here's what you need to do

look in Nero's preferences and see where the original caching was (if you have to set your Nero back to defaults then do it)

then go delete the files

or

look in here:

nero1.gif

and just delete everything...if you are using ITE SMartguardian, there will be one or two files that Windows won't let you delete (you can just exit out of ITE and then delete them all)

this SHOULD clear up your files...also note where I am in that pic and there's a lot of areas inside Documents and Settings that can house temp and useless files

BE VERY CAREFUL FOOLING AROUND IN HERE THOUGH!!!

DON'T GO MESSING AND DELETING IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MESSING AND DELETING!!!

I understand what both are saying, though i dont know too much about RAID.

*5 mins Later*

I just googled "partitioning a raid" and the 1st link i came to said that after you create the volume, it is possible to partition it using the Disk Setup part in the Windows setup.

I think the best way to go about this is to do what Angry said, look in the directory that he shows in the pic and see how much data is in that folder. Also do the Reset to Default in nero to see where it was putting the temp files and check there. I believe there is an option in nero when you are copying a disk NOT 'on the fly" to keep the image after complete...maybe that got enabled so nero was doing what it was told and not deleting the temp image after the burn was complete?

I just made ten partitions on my RAID array through admin tools.

I think what is happening is he is saving the DVDs to the C: drive. jaap, are you using DVD shrink or a DVD copy progaram. I realize you are burning it with Nero.

can you post a screenshot of your durectory.

well I've been using DVD Shrink this afternoon and now I suddenly have 16.5GB free of my C:............... it's a miracle ?

not sure what was going on there but it seems to have sorted itself out

cheers