Boot Problems

Hello, just 2 days ago my computer was booting up fine. I had dual channel paried RAM in the two yellow slots. The next day, I didn't use my comp. Today, my comp boots up, and nothing happens. All fans run at full, but no BIOS or POST shows on my monitor, just black. The red LEDs stay at 3 for about 4 seconds, then the whole system does nothing at 1 red LED. The fans spin, but nothing shows up. This happened before, and I solved it with a CMOS clear. I tried several clears, no go. A note, 4 days ago, the same problem arose. I switched the CCMOS jumper to clear, rebooted, went into BIOS, and while in BIOS I switched the jumper to save. Rebooted, no problem for 2 days. Today, nothing works!

EDIT - The 1 red led comes up when 1 stick of RAM is in the yellow slot. In the orange slot, 3 leds come on and stay on.

Hello, just 2 days ago my computer was booting up fine. I had dual channel paried RAM in the two yellow slots. The next day, I didn't use my comp. Today, my comp boots up, and nothing happens. All fans run at full, but no BIOS or POST shows on my monitor, just black. The red LEDs stay at 3 for about 4 seconds, then the whole system does nothing at 1 red LED. The fans spin, but nothing shows up. This happened before, and I solved it with a CMOS clear. I tried several clears, no go. A note, 4 days ago, the same problem arose. I switched the CCMOS jumper to clear, rebooted, went into BIOS, and while in BIOS I switched the jumper to save. Rebooted, no problem for 2 days. Today, nothing works!

EDIT - The 1 red led comes up when 1 stick of RAM is in the yellow slot. In the orange slot, 3 leds come on and stay on.

Still have same problem, one thing to note is, my comp ran fine for a long time on it's side. When I tried to put it in tower postition, and boot, the damn thing screwed up on me.

Clarity,

I'd pull the m/b from the case and do a minimum hardware power up and see if the problem persists. You added a valuable piece of information about standing the p/c upright after having been on it's side for quite some time. You may have a loose connector or possibly grounding out somewhere.

Try a boot like this;

1. Remove m/b from case

2. Remove and re-seat video card

3. 1 stick of RAM in orange slot at the top of the board.

4. 1 hard drive

5. 1 optical drive

6. ps2 mouse and keyboard

After getting the above setup, perform full and proper CMOS clear and see if you can get into your BIOS. If you can, reload optimized defaults, save and exit. Shut down and start reinstalling the gear into your case, adding one piece of hardware at a time.