Which Quiet Power Supply ?????

mattyc

I am getting rid of my Hiper Type r 580w Power supply and am thinking of buying one of the following:-

Antec NeoHE 550

Seasonic S12-600

Antec 500w Phantom Fanless

The reason why the above have been chosen is they both seem to be very powerful and stable yet virtually silent. I have Zalman reserator watercooling which is passive cooling so silence is important

Anyone had experiences with the ULTRA D board as i hear it is quite tempremental with power supplies??

Hi,

the Seasonic is a known silent PSU, there were some issues with DFI boards (use the search button and you will see what I mean)...

Try to get a BeQuiet PSU, I have the 600W Darkpower and it is very silent (I am on water too). You will always find "noisy" parts in your rig...

Gipse

Hi,

the Seasonic is a known silent PSU, there were some issues with DFI boards (use the search button and you will see what I mean)...

Try to get a BeQuiet PSU, I have the 600W Darkpower and it is very silent (I am on water too). You will always find "noisy" parts in your rig...

Gipse

Having just looked around on the net, the Bequiet power supplies dont get very good reviews, the antec neo 550 and seasonic s12 get very good reviews so i think it will have to be one of them, i want the quieter one though so i reckon the seasonic. Have decided against the phantom as i dont have much air going through my system due to watercooling so dont think its really wise!

Having just looked around on the net, the Bequiet power supplies dont get very good reviews...

Huh??? Can you please share me some links? The BeQuiet! works much better than my OCZ Powerstream 600W SLI (loud!), rails are totally stable and they offer a nice support (free 48h changeover in year 1).

Gipse

How quiet the OCZ PS is very quiet though a little expensive if memory serves over there check out the Forton (FSP) too. The seasonic mainly had more issues with the expersts though with some of the regular Ultras too. Forget the Fanless one that thig probbibily doenst even put out enough just for the video card.

Not on your list, but my Epsilon is very quiet...by far the quietest fan in my rig. Of course that won't mean much to you with WC, but you basically have to put your ear up to it to hear the thing and it does not get hot enough to ever really wind up (at least in my Antec P180 case). I had an Enermax Liberty which was also very quiet, but this one is definitely a few dbs quieter.

Not meaning this to be clever but i dont really mind how much i have to spend, not a millionaire or anything but silence is golden. Think the seasonic is getting my vote though except the cables arent removable like all the other new cases. Its still between the antec and seasonic.

I just received my OCZ gamexstream 600w and installed it yesterday. I've "heard" it is based on the fortron psu but this is what I can report. It was $129.99 shipped from zipzoomfly.com which I think is a great price for 600w with OCZ name. No problems with the install...the cables are sleeved and very long. There are tons of connectors. The box itself surprised me with it's weight, it is pretty light as psu's go - i thought it would be beefier. The size is standard, not deep like the powerstream. The 120mm fan seems very quiet...couldn't hear it with my ear next to it. It is not adjustable but does have active PFC. Seems good so far.

Well i purchased the Antec Neo HE 550W, the newest version, it worked straight away, very stable, my memory SIS benchmark scores are about 150-200 higher and it is SO SO SO quiet, i nearly got my ear chewed off by listeneing if it was working!!!!

Strongly recommended.