Xp2000 Oc

Hey all. I'm new but I wanted to let everyone know about mine in case some noooob wants to get into this.

XP 2000 running on an ABit KD7-Raid for a couple months at 133*12.5. i won't even get into the Abit KD7 on here, but for all you new guys go nforce. OK the peak I've gotten the last couple months since i started ocing is 145FSB x 12.5 for a 1.82 GHZ (1.62ish). The 2000 can't really go much higher (at least from my experience Ive had 2). I've gone all combos to try to get it to stay stable but pretty much above 150 FSB No post at least on this. Right now I've been playing Americas Army for 3 hours and am running at 39C and my Thermaltake is running at 3000 RPM right now so the audio level isnt really an issue - could probably go lower but I'd like to save my hearing. I've been building alot of PC's for people lately with Asus A7N8X Deluxe Barton 2500 and dual channel Geil (2 x 256 PC3200) CDRW Drive and DVD with an 80GB Maxtor for about $470 and I've finally ordered some stuff for myself. So if you want to get started and you have nothing do it right. Go nforce 2 chipset remeber on the northbridge spp means no video igp means integrated video. on the southbridge mcp-t means you get all the fun stuff firewire and i believe dual lan correct me please if I'm wrong guys. Thanks and Good Luck Newbians

What core model is this? T-Bred "A" or "B"? DUT3C's are A's and DLT3C's are B's.

The reason why I say this is because the "A" stepping was a crummy overclocking core. The "B" should at least be able to hit shy 2GHz by reducing the multiplier and increasing the FSB eg: 183 x 11. I am not all that familiar with the KD7, but if it has multiplier support, give it a try. Another option is obtaining a JIUHB 1700+ T-Bred B. They will OC better then a 2500+ and are able to reach 2.4GHz.

Im running VCORE at 1.65V (runs 1.66)

Yeah sorry I forgot the whole middle of the post. I was wondering should I worry about the higher FSB and my hard drives ie PCI Bus.

Also Sisoft Sandra is telling me my CPU temp is 55C whereas Hardware monitor (Suppied with motherboard from Abit) is telling me 42.5C right now, which should I believe or is it Core/surface type of difference?

Thanks guys.

Yeah you guys are experts, It went right up - I'm running stable at 160 x 12 (1.65V) for a nice 1920 MHZ. I'm gonna run this sucker on AA for a couple hours and see what happens. Oh and my XFX 4200 is running at a core clock of 270 with the Video ram at 555. Stock is 513 but it uses 3.6 ns ram and I wa reading that the base on that would equate to 555 so after a couple of bumps I'm here. But I only have spreaders and I'd like to hold out until I can go to an active cooling approach on the Video card.