"error loading operating system"

I got to the blue windows installation part but it was alot slower then before but this is not the problem.

The error blue screen popped up in the last 4 min’s before the installation is complete.

It said something about physical memory something usage dumping.

I put one stick of the memory on the farthest orange slot and only that particle stick lets me restart the computer (Just in case if the memory/configuration relates to the error blue screen)

Are you sure you have to boot priority set to the right hdd ?

I have had the same problem! So, here is what I had to do.

I set the the "First Boot" to CDROM. Installed Linux from the CD, then, while it was doing the first boot, I re-entered the BIOS and set the "First Boot" back to HDD. This is absolutely unnecessary, I am sure, but I can't determine how the correct way is to do it.

What is happening is, after the initial install, when the computer attempts to start Windows, it only sees the CDROM and not the HDD. This is how boot priority is set.

Hopefully, someone will see my pathetic post and tell us both how to set the boot priority so this doesn't occur.

• 2 weeks later...

This is happening to me all the time when I try to OC - and if I set back everything to default, it just botts fine.

This definitely something DFI-specific msg, I have never seen this before - dunno, is the PCI lock working fine in this BIOS?

UPDATE: turned out this is the msg when DFI tells me it doesn't like booting from Sec Master. :D