PC crashes

Im getting some pc crashes on my newly configured motherboard. At first i had some ram problems whereby i could not boot up if u put my ram in the orange slots.

But after a lot of posting on the forums i got it to run fine. But now theres another problem...

I seem to be getting hangs and crashes (blue screens - irq not less or equal stuff). I think its because my network card, graphics and sb audigy 2 are all sharing the same irq. So the problem is, how do i allocate a free irq for my sound card? Or is this problem caused by other factors?

I never knew that DFI was this hard to setup :(

Issue may still be with ram, have you tested it ??. In windows try running Prime95 or Stress Prime 2004 & run large ffts which will test your memory. another utility u can try is HCI memtest . All of the above run in windows & will highlight any memory instability that has not been picked up by memtest86+

if your memory passes then move onto the next possibility - may be drivers or may be issue with sb audigy 2

luck :)

OK i havent tested it without the sound card yet but will do nex time. As for the memory ive used memtest (all 10 tests) 3-4 times without problems.

My PC ran well up till now where it crashed while i was playing a game (system hang along with buzzing noises)

Therefore i decided to try something and i have managed to chage my sb irq to 19, which it now shares with nothing :) (did this by putting it into the 2nd pci slot). So i hope i will get no more problems.

And thanks for the concern voltes-5 but im not sure what u meant by drooping, is the scythe is locked in with that locking plastic thingy. The only problem i had installing it was to install the nexus fan, but since ive been doing a lot of fiddling its pretty easy now :)

One good thing about the P180 is that if you use the Asus A8N series, the top and rear case fans are in-line with the CPU, so if you actually have the scythe installed, you dont really need to install another fan on it (but if you're seriously oc-ing, it is highly recommended) Just thought i add this in for reference :)

:) What I meant by drooping is that because the heatsink is tall.

When the board is flat on a table all the weight of the heatsink is on the cpu. Now when it is in the case and its on its side, because of the weight of the heatsink like my cnps9500 for example, gravity pulls on it so it droops a little therefore causing an uneven contact of the heatsink surface/CPU surface. I have found that it is crucial to have an even contact between the heatsink and cpu surface. I have had to reseat my water block so many times to get an optimum heat control. All that trouble of reseating is worth the effort. :)