Chipset Fan Replacement - No Evercool in Germany?

Chaos_2k

Hi

As im living in Germany its impossible for me to get an Evercool VC-RE for Heatsing replacement. Or does one of you know where to get one?

Are there any (approved)alternatives besides the evercool out there?

I heared of a Zalman passive Heatsink (ZM-1 or so ,blue copper thingy). But are the temperatures low enough?

I Hope someone can help me

I *think* Jab-Tech in the US ships stuff to Europe. I am from the UK and i have bought many things from them, really nice shipping times as well. However, the USPS Priority Air Mail is something like $26-$27 which is €20-€21 plus the price of the item. They sell the Evercool VC-RE and the Evercool VC-RF im unsure of the stock levels of those right now.

I was wondering myself, i also want to get shut of my stupidly, annoying and noisy chipset cooler - what is better (and which fits) the VC-RE or the VC-RF? Also does there need to be *any* type of modification to these products to fit? Thanks!

VC-RE = https://www.jab-tech.com/Evercool-VC-RE-Twi...er-pr-2291.html

VC-RF = https://www.jab-tech.com/Evercool-VC-RF-pr-3229.html

Why not just put some artic silver 5 on the chipset? Stock temps were about 50c, now they are around 30c... I called DFI one time because temps were that hot, and thats what they told me to do.

~Mike

Hi...

I have a Zalman ZM-NB47J on the chipset but I have to move my X800GT to the lower PCIE slot running 8X there is no modification neeeded to do this. Fits just perfect for me. The only thing ist my temp is running with no active cooling around 50°C with a little cooler with low rpm around 36°C. It's better and more silent then the stock fan on the mobo...

Greets from Germany :rolleyes:

The prob is that in europe we cant get evercool (well with out shipping)

Zalman make some passive ones. I actally brought the smaller of the two and it fits and is all good, but i took it out cos i was a little scared of the temps being high.

Asaka also make a Chipset fan which may also be sutiable