NEED YOUR HELP GUYS --- 3 LED/dual channel boot problem

hey one addition,

is there anyway to test the cpu mem controller through a progeam or such. since is wasn't talked about i'm assuming it's no dice, right ?

Ding Ding! I was wondering when someone would start looking toward the CPU :nod:

Your HTT is going above 1000ghz right?

Tried upping the Vcore? How about Vdimm?

How stable are the voltages to the Vdimm?

RAM were matched paris right?

As like some other have already said, memtest86 is not the ultimate tester. Its good to check for something obviously wrong but does put the ram/controller under pressure. The combo tortue test from Prime95 overnight can normally root out memory problems but a quicker way would be to try to install a LARGE application or play a game. Never fails for me. From wat ive read here, I dont think the mobo is bad. However, the CPU/RAM could have a small problem worthy enought for RMA. Maybe the RAM isn't matched enough.

Ding Ding! I was wondering when someone would start looking toward the CPU :nod:

The problem with that is that I have run this CPU with my ram fine in a different board and am now having the same problem with my new 165... I looked into an Opteron problem, but plenty of people are having problems with a64's as well...

Looking forward to harris1986's findings...

Originally Posted by harris1986

Hi there although i don't currently have the answer, i am going to be doing some intensive testing this sunday with a friends components!

waiting to hear what was the problem in your rig.

wish i had a 939 MB and CPU to do the same but alas....

I am still stuck with the problem even with socket 939 cpu.

RGone, with all due respect, you are assuming everyone isnt willing to put the effort to solve his problem and recommend they just try random things and that nothing is reliable, I say you're confusing, and you probably believe in santa and the tooth faerie as well. Some ppl ask for gimme gimme gimme when they are common issues, and the dual channel problem is a common issue, and most of the frustration comes from beeing missled and trying stuff that has nothing to do with the problem, and most of all, dosen't solve it for ANYONE.

When i posted about the problem i had already went far beyond the normal treshhold, had been changing ram to the point my fingers were burning like i had drop battery acid on them, havent eat well for days trying all the unrelated advice out there. So about the 'do A, do B, you can conclude C' that IS how a knowledgeable person should work, the ones that can't do that are just too stupid and are that ppl that would assume they are a fork just because a fork has teeth and they do too.

The way 'dumbass' technicians fix stuff is to try another part or try a bunch of trial and error stuff randomly because they dont know better, and think they understood the problem because they identified the component. And replace parts randomly and that is what you suggest, so from now on i'm taking those recommendation and critisism for what it's worth, and nothing more, and i suggest ppl judge about the advice they are getting because most of it dosen't fly very high.

-W