First Time DFIUser

Guest Shadowarez_merged

as I just said, I have this TT psu and the 430w TT psu and neither of them can power the NF4 board with his hardware (and I have his exact hardware, or their equivalents).

but hey

RMA the board to eliminate it from the equation

if you get the board back and it gives you the same problem or RMA says there's nothing wrong with the board, then you can listen to us about your psu

He got to the bios so the power supply worked. There seems to be a setting that is being adjusted by the user that is causing a black screen. Given the data that is.

Are you sure you have all the power connections plugged into the board?

Are you sure you have one stick of ram, one harddrive, one cd drive, and no sound card installed?

What options are you setting when you go to the bios?

Does the video card have a power connector that is not installed?

Is the jumpers on the motherboard in the default positions? SLI?

Double check the jumpers and case LED/POWER/RESET switches and CMOS reset jumper.

Post details of what is occurring so we can give proper help.

If you get to the bios, go to the temperature monitoring screen and sit there for some time. Monitor your temps to make sure things are seated correctly.

Problems like this can be helpful if you build the computer without a case so you can make visual checks easier.

He got to the bios so the power supply worked.

really?

so because you got to the bios, the psu couldn't possibly be the problem (you know, since the bios doens't really load any rails, it just basically tells everything to turn on, but not to kick in at full gear or nothing...)

um

so you are saying that a very seriously unpowered psu that could never possibly make it to the recommended psu list and I know for a fact cannot power this board and his parts correctly (seeing as how I have one) is not the problem, but it is the motherboard itself?

Angry that was a joke or better knowen as sarcasim.

1GB ddr 400 BSO <-- What kind of ram is this? MakeModel? Is it Value memory?

ThermalTake 460watt true power 2 <-- I would take others advice on this one and at least try a better PSU. Just because it boots and allows you to get into the bios, dosnt by any means, mean that it is enough to do the job...just enough to get you to that point.

If you reply back that you in fact DO have value memory, i would try another set that is not classified as Value to see if that helps your situation.

Though i dont have a DFI board as of yet, this is all i can really tell you based on what i have read on these forums since i found them. If the people here say that you might need something, i would seriously try it because of the wealth of knowledge that most have here about these boards, they have it because they have worked extensively with these boards.

Guest Shadowarez

i was hoping it was able to do the job but sicnei it was a quick build for a old sys, the new psu is a Enermax Liberty - ELT620AWT 620, the ram im not sure on it did cost $180 for 2 512s, but i did try my older ram ddr 333 Corsair it overlcoked my old sys NF2 lkike a mohter os i figured id see same issue, i tryed as you all sugested 1, thing at a time, the dirves i used were sata the Esata i disconected during the build,

the system ran find detected the video card before biso screen even showed, im waiting on a rma, from ncix now, the psu i didnt change in sig jsut yet becuase i havent yet recieved it, but it should be enough power if not ill blow $699 for the 1K psu that should power this hungry sob of a board i hope, i know it will power the NF3 with no prob, the sound card has no power connecters so thats not one of the prob's i also made sure not to add-in any cards while building, it was the basics of vid,cpu,ram, hdd, to see if will allow me to boot into safe mode or do a full reinstall,wheni was in bios i did take a idle temps as i always do wit a new build to make sure i have the cpu cooler mounted right, after the first time it black screened, and owuldnt boot i waited 2 hours reseated the cpu repluged everything back in, the temps for the first 5 mins were 25c for the cpu, 15 for the mobo accoriding to the bios,