Cmos bad checksum error

The mobo is out of the case and only has the ps2 keyboard,cpu,video card,1 stick of ram in the orange slot furthest away from the cpu and the hard drive.all 4 power cables are plugged in. I turn on the pc and enter the bios directly and load optimized defaults, save and exit. comp restarts and i dont have any signal to the monitor. I unplug the hard drive and enter the bios again and load the optimized defaults, save and exit .. no signal to the monitor.

Do you get the POST beep with this no signal on the monitor?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill go ahead and give it a shot, the only bios settings that iv tried changing was loading the optimized defaults,time and date, and boot order. i dont get any post beep.

After a little practice and writing down how many times to hit the right arrow and down arrow keys...if i entered the bios at all then i would be selecting the save without exit menu, Anywho after selecting save without exit and hitting Y and enter nothing happens, still no signal and the comp dosent restart.

After a little practice and writing down how many times to hit the right arrow and down arrow keys...if i entered the bios at all then i would be selecting the save without exit menu, Anywho after selecting save without exit and hitting Y and enter nothing happens, still no signal and the comp dosent restart.

HMMM yeeeeaaah thats sounds like a hosed CMOS chip there. I wish that mobo makes would freely send replacements out to customers so we do not have to send the mobo back. This all in assumption that you have been properly flashing the CMOS chip. Dis you reflash the BIOS yet?

And probably you cannot flash, no optical drive or floppy disks can be detected as far as I understand. Besides, I wouldnt risk flashing and getting that black screen - which 90% corrupt your bios (if not already corrupted). You can try it though before you are sending it back again.

My suggestion would be contact Travis (angry games) - his e-mail link is in his signature and asked for pro help. Otherwise, contact again rma department. Sorry dude, couldnt help a lot...

well...I suggest you send me the board, cpu, and memory

but

I'm seeing a 3400+ cpu in your sig for 939?

that has to be an HP OEM cpu that is not supported, and never will be supported by any BIOS on a 939 board that isn't built for HP or another OEM that used 939 3400+ cpu's.

I dont have another 939 socket cpu, also my replacement board came in a sli-dr expert box is there any diff between the expert and the sli-dr? if not on the top left hand side theres a sticker that says "important referances of power supply requirements" it says

Cpu |athlon 64 fx-55| athlon 64 3800+|Athlon 64 3400+|

pci-e | 6800 Ultra x2 | 6800GT x2 | 6600gt x2 |

+12v | >25A | >20A | >17A |

wattage | >=500W | >=400W | >=350w |

The athlon 64 3400+ is labled on the sticker :)

Heres a little info on the cpu

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=...hl=Athlon+3400