fan control and 1 other question

ok got my Ultra-d yesterday and my 7900gt now i know there isnt much i can do about hte loud 7900gt fan, but the ultra d has taken control of all my fan speeds, i dont mind it running auto on the chipset and case fans, but i like to quite down my zalman when im not gaming. but how? ive got smartguardian running but its a tad confusing, i can install my fanmate2 again but i need to totaly disable the auto control before i can think about installing that again. are there any easy 'stupid-proof' software fan controlers that can be used with the ultra-d?

oh and is it possable to buy the "New FrontX panel" that the LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR comes with?

I've had good results with Speed fan. The auto fan control option modulates the fan speeds instead of the BIOS but the prog is a bit difficult to set up as the different temp readouts have to be identified by you and you have to link these temps to the fans you want to control. It monitors hard drive temps so make sure you don't link these to any MB fans as they won't do a thing for HD cooling.

On my ultra d, the first temp is the CPU die, the second is the under CPU diode, and the third is the chipset temp.