Does the Scythe Ninja fit well on Lanparty NF4 UT boards?

tdk2999

I am just wondering if the Scythe Ninja cpu cooler and fan will fit ok on Lanparty NF4 UT boards? Anybody has this cooler? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone who has installed the Ninja on an UltraD let us know how it went? Did you have to use the sticky backplate pad or could you screw it into the default mount? Were there any spacing conflicts? Finally, I've heard that the PWMIC gets hot due to lack of circulation with the Ninja....did you notice this? I'm considering this or the AC Freezer Pro 64.

I got my Scythe onto my SLI-D just fine. Used the bracket that came with the heatsink. It's excellent with a panaflo ;). Access to the bottom RAM slot is a little confined, but it is possible to get the DIMMS in/out without removing the heatsink.

Only problem I have heard with the ninja is the tape they use for the back plate will attach itself to the board permanently. A couple people have broken their boards trying to get it back off.

Guest shaolin95

ninjainultrad0ie.jpg

Here is mine ready to go with my huge, fast and noisy as hell, delta fan! I love it!

I'm getting my Ninja today so I'll post here again to tell you how it went. I'm planning on using the stock backplate so I'm gonna pick up some 3/4" x 6/32" screws, seeing as the stock screws are too long as someone has said in another thread.

Guest shaolin95

Yes or you can use the one with the Ninja but DONT use the sticky pad or it will be harder to remove it if you need to.

Its a great cooler with lots of options to max your air flow.

Let us know how it went.

Regards

Guest shaolin95

Well, let me save you sometime and pain.... remove the mobo! :-)

I was like you, hated to remove the mobo. Then I got the Ninja and it was the hardest thing Ive ever tried and my case is big but not even that helped. The Ninja is not an easy HS to install so having it inside the mobo just makes it much much harder. After the first time I have always installed it removing the mobo and it takes much less effort as in now I consider it easy.

Just a recommendation cause Iv been there, done that.

Haha, I might take you up on that. So what do you suggest I do about the sticky stuff on the backplate? Should I clean it off with isopropyl alcohol or just leave it with whatever's covering it? I'm still waiting on it btw.. damn UPS.

Guest shaolin95

UPS sucks I know :-)

Well, mine has now some ugly velcro padding I used to replace the sticky side but if I were buying it now I will probably remove the film covering the sticky pad and use some velcro or anyother heat resistant material. I just wouldnt feel good having that plastic film there cause I will be afraid of it burning due to heat. Maybe nothing will happen but just in case :-)

Well, I got that sucker in after a snag or two. I couldn't find any 6-32" x 3/4" screws so I thought I could use some 6-32" x 1" screws with a couple of nuts on it so it would fit just right with the stock backplate but the heatpipes on the heatsink got in the way. So despite my stubbornness, I took out my mobo so I could put in the scythe backplate (keeping the plastic film on it of course). Everything else went fairly smooth after that. I'm just a little concerned that I didn't seat it well enough because I had a little trouble getting the clips on but it's probably fine. My temps are about the same when I had an XP-90 in here but I'm gonna wait for the AS5 to settle in before I jump to any conclusions otherwise I'll reseat it when I get my chipset replacement cooler and redo the SLI mod while I'm at it (I tried it again today but it didn't take :/). But it's definitely quieter so I'm happy about that.

Thanks to shaolin for the advice.