Serious O.c Issues...help Needed......

RIGHT LADS...I REQUIRE SERIOUS SERIOUS O.CING HELP...IM GOING NUCKING FUTS HERE!!!......

ok....i have an opty 170 , 2 x 1gb v-data ram, hyper tpye r psu 580 watt. ultra-d modded to sli, club 3d 7800gt , twin rad watercooling with a nexXxos block (temp never goes higher than 31 deg idle)

why o why cant i clock this fekr...the cpu/ram in a asrock dual sata 2 will run 2.75ghz 1.1 @ 1.52v cpu and 2.85v ram (10-4-4-3)

this is rock solid at these settings on that board......also......the new ecs extreme lite 939 sli board was running at 2.9ghz @1.55vcore and a 166/200 divider on the ram rock solid.......

my hunt was for 3ghz so i went back to dfi......it wont even do 210fsb without rebooting....if i go to the ram section and set it to 250fsb and boot the system at 210fsb (ram 260 effective) it boots and runs....so...the ram appears to not be the issue...i have tried various bioses and settings and it wont go at all......

should i try a s-ata hd instead of the ide one i have atm....

i need help or im going to go berzerk!!!!!

cheers

Gordy! :confused:

And what happens when you put your RAM on the lowest divider, put your LDT ratio to 3 and start raising the htt? It wont go over 210??

That's strange, make sure all power connectors are in and run with a minimum of hardware connected.

hi mate,

it wont go over 210...i have all the power connectors fitted and its doing my head in...did i read somewhere that if your 24 pin connector has one connecrtion missing there is issues with some dfi boards ???

hi lads...o.k.

my ram is not listed there......

i searched the codes on the chips and found a few listings in italian that said it was tccd.....

heres the codes:

MDGVD6G3I4750D1EOH DDR400 (3) 1GX16 S/N 513TR (VDBGC1A16)

it runs 265mhz @ 10-4-4-3 2.95v 1t

if anyone can tell me exactly what the fek it is i would be very very greatfull!

right, its running now at ddr500 (set to 250fsb) 1t at 8-4-4-3 and the cpu is at stock,

if i bump the cpu fsb to 210 it biffs out and wont boot , gets the the dmi pool section in the bios and freaks....

help me please.....heh!

Regards

Gordy! :confused:

Can't make real sense of your post you say mem running 265mhz but can't raise fsb past 210mhz. What test have you run at stock ie ..memtest...OCCT...prime.Also may want to review and study the OC guide here on forum.

Ninjagordy,

Have you tried lowering the voltage on the RAM? 2.9 seems a little high for 1GB sticks, around 2.6 or so is the norm. I know that my computer had some issues untill I lowered the voltage. Was so use to the C/BH5, I just thought higher would make it more stable.

And if you are new to the DFI boards I would give this a read: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Very good article, well worth a look through.

edit: And as lowboy said, did you run any test? Namely memtest bofore booting into Windows, and if you can get into Windows, OCCT, Prime, ect.? Always a good idea to run memtest for atleast a few loops before going into Windows to test for stability.

:confused: matey.....if i run the ram at the max divider i.e. 100fsb and put the cpu fsb to 210 it hangs in the bios........

doesnt matter what i do with any ram (tried corsair vs, hynix, pny, and the vdata stuff)

i cant work out why im not able to o.c.

the ram is set to 250 fsb (4/5 divider) and is running fine at this speed at 8-4-4-3 on 2.95v

i have had this cpu and ram run at 2.9 ghz on a ecs board (set the ram at 166fsb) and 2.7 ghz on an asrock board all at 1t the asrock would boot 1/1 but not stable..the ram maxes out at 265 stable 1t @2.95v

im sure the ram is not the issue, im also sure the cpu will go higher than iv hd it before if i can get it to boot (i rekon it has 3ghz in it!)

im not sure if the dfi board just doesnt want to o.c. with this ram or if there is something else wrong...... i have tried all versions of bioses and am currently running the last one form oscar.......

all bioses work flawless at stock but anthing over and its a nono.....

all the power leads are fitted and im not running sli......

im starting to think maybe theres anissue with my psu (hiper type r 580w modular)

THE SYSTEM WILL NOT GET AS FAR AS MEMTEST IF I OC BY 10MHZ EVEN WITH THE RAM AT 100FSB.......IF I RUN THE CPU AT STOCK FSB AND PUT THE RAM TO 5/4 AT 2.75V IT FLY THROUGH ALL TESTS IN MEMTEST (OBVIOSLY GETS THERE IN THE BIOS AT THESE SETTINGS!)

pain in the ferkin butt!!!

regards

Gordy!

So your trying to find the max of your cpu ?

When using a ram divider to rule out the ram try to use another divider.. Sometimes the 100 divider doesnt work right.. and you shouldnt need to use one that low anyway..

Another thing I can suggest is forget about the voltages and timings and speeds you ran on your other mobo's.. This is a different board and you should start from scratch and work your way up like its all new hardware..

and READ THE OC guide.. :nod:

thunda matey, i appreciate your help.....

for the record...... not an overclocking noob.....

was one of the first to break the 4ghz mark on phase with a skt 478 3ghz p4..(4.36ghz -26 idle, -16 max load)....

i have had 4 dfi nf4 mobos..........ultra d x 2 ultra dr x 1 and infinty....

i have been through loads of varios settings from the dfi guide......

the cpu i am testing is one of the best stepping 170s out there and definately is not the issue.....

i cant get the board/cpu to do 210fsb.

guys, im trying to get help/advice as to possible issues with the board & ram..... possible compatibilty........ i had 2 x 512mb ocz el platinum and xms xpert 3200xl (corsair) before on my dfi boards and they both ram 300 fsb 1/1 no probz....my main concern is the compatibilty of the ram...not the speed it can run.......

sorry if i confused you all........

no matter....i will try and get a hold of some ocz/corsair ram and try again.......

failing that i will revert back to the asrock board.

cheers again

Gordy! ;)