cmos ok

my brother just set up a pc same specs as me basically ie. same ram , mobo, cpu, gfx.

now a week after he set it up it restarted 2 times automaticaly and right after was not getting into windows giving an irq is not less or equal blue screen.

after taking out one of the 512mb memory it seemed to be working fine.

after trying put in the other 512 stick it wasnt eben booting and sort of crashes after the cmos ... ok line in the dos.

any idea what could be wrong ?

tried updating bios but to no avail

thanks

Hi,

follow steelballzz suggestion and run Memtest 1.65 with:

1) stick #1

2) try stick #2

3) try both together

always use the orange slots and flash back to 6-23-3 with optimized defaults.

Gipse

ok so can someone please give me a link for the memtest file and how to use it please since it is my first time and i found many memtest files and dont know which i need

10x

Bios version 623-3 is the one that you should be using right now. If we can't fix your problem with 623-3 then we could try another one later, but use 623-3 for now, you can get it from the official DFI website.

Memtest is a program that is built into the DFI bios that checks your RAM for errors. Because it is your first time, use the memtest that is built into the bios, this will simplify things. There are more up to date memtest's, eg 1.65, but lets keep it simple and use the one that is already on your computer. There is an option in the bios to enable Memtest, so enable it, once enabled, save and shut down. Place one stick of RAM into your motherboard initially and start the computer. The memtest screen will then automatically appear and you can test your RAM. Simply tell memtest to start running and allow it to run for 4 hours or so to start with. If any errors come up, then that means that stick of RAM is bad, so you might as well stop memtest straight away. If you reach 4 hours with no errors, then shut down and swap that stick of RAM for the second stick, and repeat. Check both sticks of RAM, then report the results. If both sticks come out with no errors, then post back and we will see what we can do.

Also if your computer is identical to his, then you should be able to quite easily swap out the parts from your computer, which you know is working, and the computer that is not working. Check them one by one. Maybe this will help, but lets check memtest first. Good Luck.

well i updated to 623-3 bios.

now its working with one of the modules.

when i insert the second windows will start to load, blue screen and restart.

when i leave the 2nd module alone the computer starts up but the monitor doesnt get any signal ....

i guess the 2nd moduele is bad right ?

shoould i mem test it ?