....dear god

ok now im really worried!!!! i just had prime on for about 5 mins and my temps reached 63! its idle atm with 42...entering panic mode as im worried that i cant do much else and that temp is pretty damn high! watercooling...although the price is off putting as well...wouldnt the water temp be based on ambient as well so i dont think that would get me anywhere. im gonna move my vga down to the second slot hoping that moving it away from the cpu cooler and chipset cooler might drop the temps down a bit (just concerned that x8 will hinder my card)

Some questions:

- is it a newly built system, so your sig is actually showing settings which you're working with right now; or has a previously well working overclock suddenly gone bad?

- what's your ambient temperature anyway?

- how much vcore are you giving the CPU?

Edit: 8x will not decrease graphic-card performance.

If you look at this build guide, would you say you've used the same amount of thermal paste?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

Sometimes too much will do more harm than good. It could be a good idea to take the heatsink off and repeat the installation procedure, to make sure it has good contact with the CPU.

To get an idea of what may cause the high temperatures you could compare it with the other temperature readings. Are they high too, or is it exclusively the CPU which is running to hot?

ummm pwmic is at 40 idle and chipst is at 46...unsure of wat it was at when i primed it...not really sure i wonna do it again coz that really scared the crap outta me...and yeh im pretty sure i put it on all good. have ordered dif chipset fan and another 120mm fan and some better thermal compound...unsure of wat difference it will all make but really hope it gets better! coz that high is just rediculus.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Desktop-Air-Conditi...1QQcmdZViewItem

lol should i get this and make it blow in through the rear fan slot? hmmm prob cause condensation ay....

He, he...

I'm still curious how it comes the CPU temperature is that high. PWMIC idles at 40 C and that’s normal in relation to ambient temperature of 25 C. Chipset: ok could probably get a bit lower by following the advice here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20827 or even change to another and better cooler; but still 46 C isn't very hot and doesn't match the CPU temperature you have.

If it isn't caused by a heatsink not properly installed, it looks more like the IHS doesn't make good contact with the chipset; still I would recommend you to check how well the heatsink does get contact with the CPU. What would be interesting to know is what temperatures you get if running Prime on stock.

Pr3dator8...I notice you have the Zalman 7700 as your cooler....

I recently did a checkup and a friend's computer who has that exact same cooler...and his CPU was trottling back because of high temperatures...so I tought it was that cheap butt thermal paste that zalman ships their coolers with and volunteered to replace it for him with my AS5...

by opening his case, horror struck me as I saw his zalman completely CLOGGED with those huge DUST particles.... so I removed, used a whole can of compressed air to clean it and some AS5 later his CPU temps went from 40C idle 65C Load

to

28C idle 50C Load....

So I think the AS5 helped, but that drastic temperature drop didn't come only from that....dust accumulates on those coolers like gum on a shoe...

so check out to see if your HSF needs cleaning...

no probs...backed off my oc to stock ran prime got temps of 61...thought it would be around the same as i didnt over volt my cpu in my oc. grrrr not cool. i ordered a new chipset cooler...iceberg 4 pro (i no everyone recommends the evercool one but this was a cheaper solution for me) and i ordered another 120mm fan and some AS ceramique. some how i dont think these changes will make that much of a difference how ever...

oops sorry bout the ebay link...didnt do it for promotional purpuses was just mucking round...my bad didnt realise. hmmm so would dust effect the performance of the heatsink? coz not only can i see it on my zalman but it is inside my acrtic silencer as well...not heaps its just a lil clump.