Barton 2500+

GmAz

the reason we look for stepping and week produced is that the the cpu makers are always refineing the process at wich they make the cpu and they tend to overclock better as time gos on . i bet that in less than 2 months 2500+ will be hitting 2500mhz on air easy

i would bet a lot that in 2 months 2500mhz stable on air still wont be possible..

there has actually been almost no change in performance O/C for the barton series since their release... although i would love to see some.

Edited by C0DE

lots of people are hitting 2.4 on aqxea 0330 the first barton i had forget the stepping wouldnt do 2200mhz for nothing toped out @2148mhz @1.85volts . as the weeks progressed they got beter and better . the barton is going to be around forawhile since alot of people own k7 boards and wil probally not spend the money on the k8 or athlon 64. as long as amd keeps refineing the process were going to start seeing better overclockers for sure

lots of people are hitting 2.4 on aqxea 0330 the first barton i had forget the stepping wouldnt do 2200mhz for nothing toped out @2148mhz @1.85volts . as the weeks progressed they got beter and better . the barton is going to be around forawhile since alot of people own k7 boards and wil probally not spend the money on the k8 or athlon 64. as long as amd keeps refineing the process were going to start seeing better overclockers for sure

let me rephrase.. since the release of the AMD 3200+ there has been almost no O/C performance change in the Barton series.

i can hit 2400mhz on air with my 4/5 month chip and there hasnt been any higher chips out that can do better then that. they dont change the design of a chip, they hope for better silicon but that is all. AMD has no reason to invest any more development with the Barton series since 3200+ is there last Barton chip. Ofcourse you can get better batches running some nice silicon but that is all. If there were more upcomming Barton chips i.e. 3400/3600+ then there would be hope but there isnt.

i bet that in less than 2 months 2500+ will be hitting 2500mhz on air easy

but i you have to admit that is impossible... would be nice. i would say probly in 6 months.

Edited by C0DE

I don't think its the sound. I use my on board sound with Microsoft Rallisport Challenge (Sweet game by the way) and it was better than my old SOund Blaster Live!. I should play that game again wiht my new 9800 Pro. Nice graphics