Barton 2500+

GmAz

I got a new 2500 Barton chip. My bro-in-law asked me to put together a system with pretty much teh same stuff my system had. Well, when it all came in, I swapped out his 2500+ (which is newer) with my old 2500+. Here is the info on the chip:

(Excuse my crapping drawing)

|....................................|

|.......1...............2..........|

|.......3...........................|

These are the codes in their respective positions:

1: AXDA2500DK4D

2: 23117573240090

3: AQXEA 03296PW

I am pretty sure the AQXEA 03296PW is the steppign and week, but not sure how to read. Is this a good one to overclock?

on my last chip, i maxed at 2220Mhz, this one wen tto 2305 like nothing. I ram 3dmark03 and got the score in my signature.

Edited by GmAz

I will answer your question with an I dont' know either. Basically, the stepping and week tell peopl ehow new your chip is. SOme models are better than others. I had an old 2500 barton from when it first came out. My new 2500 has a better stepping which means it is newer. AMD improves their chips as time goes on. SOme steppings OC way better than others, as so I am heard. This is all what i have heard. You can fin dyour stepping and week on your chip. its on the white sticker. LIke your chip is probably maxed out at 2.2 ghz. Well, mine was too, but this new chip is at 2367 and still going higher. newer stepping, better the OC. I am not sure the order of the stepping, you can probably google it adn find them. but All i know is that i will proabbly hit 2.45ghz.

Edited by GmAz