170 opty arrived tonight!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, execution halted... so your temps have already dropped from what they were. The image is fuzzy, it was hard to read. I tried clicking on it but imageshack went to the main page instead of displaying the full size of that image.

2750 is stable as seen above... but I dont think I can go any higher... without more voltage? Max recommended? I think the guide says 165! Dare I try!?

Also, I took that pic the second I stopped the tests... temps were at that!

I would try to stay around 1.55v and maybe 1.6v for the max.. But to be honest I wouldnt go over 1.6v on air and even at 1.6v its a little on the high side..

Just remember like someone else said.. that the experts tend to read the temps a little lower then they really are.. I think its usually around 8-10c off..

Yea, but even then 45c at full dual load isnt that bad?

Thx, I may have to settle for 2750 then.... or try in between

Even if the temps are good voltage will kill on its own...

Do I think 1.6v will kill it.. ? nah 'probably' not..

But comparing it to what most people feel comfortable with, its a little on the high side for air.. If you want my opinion then I'd say to try and keep it around 1.55v and see what that gets you as far as mhz goes..

Although in the end its really up to you and what you feel like feeding it.. If you value your cpu and cant afford to buy another one if this one fails.. then you should be more conservative with the volatge..

Although in the end its really up to you and what you feel like feeding it.. If you value your cpu and cant afford to buy another one if this one fails.. then you should be more conservative with the volatge..

This is some very sound advice and very well put. :cool:

From a friend, I think all optys are good. Just some better then others.

As far as the voltage goes, I fully agree.... I just want to see what she will do stable, then I will go to a happy medium for 24/7

always have the fx60 as a back up ;)

Maybe another opty also.

Once I get my 7900gtxs, and break my personal best scores... I think I will take it easy :)

thx all

always have the fx60 as a back up ;)

Backup...lmao..

btw.. lately I run my rig at 2600mhz with stock voltage just to extend its life.. Because to be honest the difference from 2600mhz and 2800mhz is just not noticable enough in my games and everyday stuff to justify it..

So I just keep a cmos reloaded slot for my 2600mhz and 2800mhz settings depending on my mood..hehe

agreed

trying to get 2750 right now with 1.55v

If not, I will clock down until its happy. Once again, once I run my benchmarks and hit my bests.... I will go to something decent

thx