need help with gamexp

venomous35

i installed gamexp and now my mcafee and xfire are meesed up. mcafee shows a white screen when i click to open secerity center and virus scan and firewall,act... xfire is messed up real bad. when i clip on anything it wants to dl it insteed of just displaying stuff normaly. dont ask to do the back up that came with the program. i messed that up. i think it has something to do with a service that was disabled. i messed with the services last night but didnt find it.

uninstall gamexp?

What exactly are you using it for? If its for tweaking im sure that you can manually tweak your os and get better results and know how to fix any problems that can be caused by tweaking.

GameXP is a application which I refuse to install on anyone's computer.

The reason being is it stops services which are needed for other applications, which you have found out.

Uninstall it and everything *should* return to normal.

you cant uninstall it. its not a running program, like i thought it was. you click on it and it changes everything and thats it. you can revert back to the backup, but some how i backed up twice and the last backup was with it installed allready. i wish i new what services that xfire and mcafee need. they both run but not right.

reinstall XP.....and might i suggest getting sometype of imaging software like Acronis True Image, i use it and there are a number of other people here that use it. Its a handy little program if you like to experiment with programs.

think i figured it out. somehow i disabled IE and those two programs depend on them. i couldnt get IE to work so i dl ie7 beta and now they work . sorta. mcafee does not work well with ie beta. only ie6. so some how i need to find out how to get rid of ie6 and 7 and reinstall ie 6. i tried to install ie6 first but i said it was installed allready. but when i tried to run it, it just wanted to dl some file and then gave an error.

yeah I tried that one not so long ago myself, had to do a system restore to get rid of it.

thing about programs like that is when they first start I go through it and change too damn much and when something screws up I forget what it was I changed.lol