Temperature monitoring for my parents Gateway?

UncleDavid218

My family recently bought a rather high-end Gateway over the Holiday Season. The specs, as far as I cant tell, are:

CPU - Intel Pentium D 820

RAM - 2x512MB PC4300

HDD -250GB SATA2 Seagate Barracuda

GPU - eVGA 6600GT with Zalman VF700CULED

It's overkill for what my mom, dad, and little brother use it for. But my mom likes recording tv shows and my brother enjoys playing Battlefield 2. I opted not to build them one as the price was right, I got a 19" LCD out of it, and I didn't feel like being tech support for the rest of my life. However, after cleaning up the cables a bit, I noticed that the CPU is passively cooled. It's a BTX case so there's a fan blowing over the aluminum heatsink, but I doubt temps are good. I was wondering what, if any, software can be used to monitor temperatures. The motherboard according to CPU-Z is an Intel D945GSZ based off of the Intel i945G/GZ Chipset using the ITE 7401 sensor. Thanks in advance.

If it has a "genuine" intel mobo, you can use Desktop Monitor or Desktop Control Centre both by intel.

I use them both on one of my rigs, and Desktop Control Centre actually lets you OC an intel board (slightly).

If it is an intel board, Desktop Monitor probably came with the driver disk.

*edit* Sorry, I just noticed that you mentioned which board it is, and having checked which boards are supported by DCC, I see yours isn't on the list.

That said, my 875P which used to be on the list isn't there anymore either and it still works for me, so you could try it anyway and see. *edit*