3800 x2, can't get above 2.1ghz!

hemsky83

anything higher than 230 wont boot, to dont get any further than veryifying pool data, its just blank at the bottom with all the writting at the top

bios settings are kept at wat it is after optermized default, only change basic things but in the genie i change :

ldt/fsb 4x

multi 10x

fsb 230

mem divider 9/10

memory voltage is 2.7- memory is corsair value cas2.5 (ran at 237mhz which is ddr 474 on abit motherbaord and got 6700 on sis memoery benchmark)

havent tried prime at stock

tried bumping all voltages to their next value and still not stable after 230mhz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi - first thing - you have to check your PSU

make sure it good enough for the board -

and i would just put everything back to default and just set your timings rated for that ram -

then push the fsb up a little at a time and test it

if it passes stress test - push it up again - dont make any changes to anything - not yet -

when it has a hard time booting - then push up the cpu volt to next one up -

not sure how much dram volts your ram can take

but you can leave it alone or push that up one if you know it can handle it

then boot up and see how it goes - if it boots or not -

that is how i done it - and when it didnt boot into windows - i got in the bios and pushed up the volts just one notch - and keep going - i am up to 2.7 now at 1.4 volts - fsb245 - cpu x11

i have to stress test it at this speed

it passed and stable at fsb240 - and booted up fast and now -

just dont make too many changes at once -

dont just push it up and push up the volts etc.

keep them as low as you can - if you can - when you cant - then push them up one -

at first i followed anothers settings thinking it should work - it didnt boot at all :D:D

start over - and if you are using a stock hsf -

maybe you can upgrade it --

i used the stock for 2 weeks - thinking maybe it would do it - i got a xp90 cooper and much better now - i still have to replace all my case fans for high cfm ones -

Give it a shot

r u using stock cooling????? i haven't seen any reference to your cooling setup. maybe a disclosure on that would help....even the stock cooler should hold up to a higher clock than what your having problems at...

just from the sounds of the thread, you are very fresh at this and if your heatsink setup is not pristine (i am assuming you set it up), you can have all sorts of problems clocking, even running stock may give you problems. is it the stock cooler??? using the TIM or thermal paste???

all it takes is a small problem in this area and your system will act very strangely.......

fill us in.

baldy

r u using stock cooling????? i haven't seen any reference to your cooling setup. maybe a disclosure on that would help....even the stock cooler should hold up to a higher clock than what your having problems at...

just from the sounds of the thread, you are very fresh at this and if your heatsink setup is not pristine (i am assuming you set it up), you can have all sorts of problems clocking, even running stock may give you problems. is it the stock cooler??? using the TIM or thermal paste???

all it takes is a small problem in this area and your system will act very strangely.......

As Baldy says. What are your temps in bios PC HEALTH?

RLM

Im having the same problem here.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50908

As far as i can tell its a problem related to 1gb sized single sticks. I have now resolved the problem in the above thread by replacing the 2x1gb sticks with 2x512 ocz from my rig and the system boots fine. It also fails with 1x1gb sticks. If i place the 2gb in my rig then it fails to boot. Its strange as the divider should be keeping the ram in spec.