DVI display "out of range", help please.

I just bought the board with an Opteron 146 and 2g OCZ rams. If I went with the onboard VGA output, there was no problem. However, once I changed to the DVI output, the only thing I could see is "Out of Range" on the LCD. The display went back normal until the windows desktop appeared. I could entered into the BIOS and the display was normal In the BIOS though. However, it displayed the same error message after I quit the BIOS. Once the desktop was there, everything was fine.

One thing I did notice is that, the windows starting logo was fairly small at the 19' LCD screen, although the resolution is 1280*1024*32bpp*60Hz at the ATI control center.

I am running everything on stock now. The bios is 01/29 since I don't have a floppy around and couldn't upgrade the bios.

Has somebody had any idea of this?

Thanks.

I used the native resolution 1280*1024, which is supposed and should be chosen on the 19' LCD.

Also, there is no problem at all when I used the VGA output.

I did find that the information of the LCD (from the OSD of the monitor) that the resolution is set to 720*400. It's back to 1280*1024 once the window desktop is loaded. I cleared the BIOS but it didn't work. I don't know why the board set the monitor to such a low resolution by default.

Any solution?

I get a feeling it is not your resolution you are having problems with but your refresh rate.

Typically LCD monitors will not output more than 75hz.

If you have another monitor, connect it and go into your graphics control panel and enure it is less than or equal to the LCD panels spec

Hope that helps ;)

Tom, I have no problem to access Windows with the DVI on the LCD. It's set to 60Hz fresh rate. The problem is that, it seems the LCD is not taking the window display information during the boot, before entering windows.

I am not sure whether it's a common problem of this board, or I just got a problematic one.

I have the same problem here with my friend's board.

Tinker, I assume that you are referring to the RS482 board. I have tried to use DVI again and everything is same as before. No POST display at all, and I have to press the *DEL key based on the sound from the speaker, if ever I want to get into the BIOS. Oh well, it's ok if I don't have to tweak the box any more. However, I do feel it very annoying. DFI should release a BIOS to fix this ASAP, imo.