Memory Timings

I just downloaded PCWizard 2006 and it is saying my memory timings are running at:

tCL=2.5

tRCD=2

tRP=2

tRAS=7

I just checked and I have them set in the bios to 2-2-2-5. In Everest it says my memory timings are= 2-2-2-5. But it also says in Everest under SPD the memory timings are 2.5-2-2-7. How do I change them to 2-2-2-5 if they are already set in the bios to 2-2-2-5.

Here is a picture of my bios:

Some software is unreliable. If you have it set in the bios 99% that's what it is. The SPD timings on some memory have been relaxed to allow the system to boot until you can raise voltage and run the tighter timings. Enable memtest in the bios and see what it reports.

sounds like 'pcwizard' is reporting (or you are reading) the spd timings not the actual.

It weird. Under memory timings is says

tCL=2

tRCD=2

tRP=2

tRAS=5

But under SPD memory timings I get

tCL=2.5

tRCD=2

tRP=2

tRAS=7

Which one is right? What is SPD memory timings?

spd = serial presence detect

Timings are on your memory's rom chip that let's the motherboard know what to default to. Since the memory is going to be put in all kinds of boards, the spd timings are looser than what the memory can do.

Your memory is running at what you set it at in the bios... end of story.

SPD stands for Serial Presence Detect. These are the timings that the bios reads and initially sets. They are not the timings that you are running at after you change them in the bios.

Edit] Fum types faster[/Edit]

SPD stands for Serial Presence Detect. These are the timings that the bios reads and initially sets. They are not the timings that you are running at after you change them in the bios.

So my memory is running at 2-2-2-5?