Installing 7"LCD on case

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a mod similar to this awhile back but I used the cheaper PS1 Lcd screens that I picked up from Qbackin back in september lol,and as for the connection I cam across to ways you can do it either by S-vid or getting out the soldering iron and and extra vga cable lol

VGA mod link

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2004/07/07/psone_lcd/2.html

S-Vid link

http://theboxheads.org/modules.php?name=Fo...f74d5bef89701af

I highly recomend this mod if you can't afford the 7" LCD's he is selling the screen fits perfectly into 3, 3.5 bays.

Just got my LCD from soundx98 today, tested it out on my nf3 computer as it was way easier to get to since its still on the dining table, seems to work great though I might try to run some color correction tets on it. Not like thats a big deal anyways... :rolleyes:

minidsc004941zq.jpg

I'll be putting it into the top bay of my main rig, shown below.

minidsc004987bv.jpg

The original idea was to attach the three bay covers together and cut a hole, but there would barely be anything showing on the sides and only a quarter inch or so on top and bottom so I might just put it in dead center and let it be.

We'll see I guess, hopefully i'll get to it this weekend sometime.

Just curious, is it possible to run a game on my monitor and keep, say a music playlist or movie or something on this? It might not work well on this coputer because one is widescreen while this obviously isn't, but I'll play around and see.

Glad it arrived safely :)

I used to just open up PowerDVD 6 and drag it over to the 5.6 while doing other stuff. All your color, brightness, tint controls are via the remote control Dan. Plasy around a little I'm sure you'll find a mount you like. Check your PMs, I replied.

Plasy around a little I'm sure you'll find a mount you like.

Yeah, I think I've gotten it to look best when I'm sitting above it a bit, since its gonna be sitting on the floor just under my desk I figured that'd be best. Looks REALLY good when I played some Sealab on it, not as good with more detailed movies, but of course I expected that.

So far I haven't gotten it mounted yet, but I soldered a 4-pin molex onto it so it should be ready to go, trying to route the wires now, might end up shortening them though.

I Finally pulled out my Sunbeam fan controller and installed some 22 kohm resistors on the damn LED's, MUCH better now. Could barely sleep with those suckers on before. Wanted to find some pink LED's to replace the blue ones, but radioshack didn't have any. Life goes on I spose. :rolleyes:

Sidenote: Left my computer on when I unplugged the fan controller, which shut down 4 120mm fans (3 of which were on my radiator) as well as 6 80mm fans. MBM5 claimed 38C after an hour of no fans on, just running background stuff and some music. Sucker felt warm! Anyways, after pluggin everything back in and no sidepanels on it cooled back down to 20C in about 2 minutes, pretty amazing how efficient those fans are even though they're really low-flow.

Okay, so is it not possible to just plug an s-video cable out the back of 7-series cards and expect it to work? Seemed to work fine on my 6800GT...

nview is showing everything 'working' though the screen is definitely not getting a signal. I tried other resolutoins but no go, I did se it flash like a got a signal for a second (just flash, no desktop or anything) but thats it.

Any ideas? Just tryin to get her working before she's in permanently.

It works that way on my 6800gt, but a few times when I right clicked on desktop and intered prorerties it would knock it off line (it would detach), I would have to go into settings and click on attached? And yes, I wish I was there drinking your beer too.:)