BSOD's and random lockups

if you cant monitor it yourself, try everest ultimate from www.lavalys.com that program seems to show almost every temperature sensor there is. The trial version doesnt show every sensor, i'll leave it up to you to 'obtain' a full copy of the program should that be a problem.

yes, in australia.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still interested, I believe the problem has been narrowed down to my Evga 7800 GT. My Windows installation became corrupted, again. After installing XP on the other harddrive & reinstalling EVERYTHING ELSE, the lockups started again. This time, no BSOD's, just lockups. The thing is, sometimes no post beep , no nothing beyond detecting the cpu. Also, sometimes the screen would be "garbled", like a digital tv signal does sometimes, or weird vertical color patterns, from bios into windows. Long story short, Evga is cross-shipping me a new card, so we'll see if that is the (only) problem. Much thanks to this entire forum, it's full of good info for folks like me, and especially much thanks to everyone who bothered to chime in and help me out. Seriously, how cool is it that some jerk from Kansas can ask a question from in front of his box and get help from all over the globe? Pretty cool.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...