It turns on but goes nowhere. Is my memory dead!?

If cmos or bios is corrupt u usually get no screen image ^& fans turning a fraction only then nothing.

Unfortunately this is not true. You might stuck at before enrering the bios screen (happened to me) or it may say "checksum error" on the screen and stays like that (even if you hit delete key, you cannot go into bios).

Did you overclocked your machine when you changed the settings in the windows?

Everything seems to point to a "normal" crash from Ocing although changing

All I did was change max async to 9ns
is fairly innocent.

All i can really suggest is what has been done.

PS2 keyboard may help. with following

Bios - Clear CMOS recovery - 4 debug lights

Overnight clear sometimes works.

If all else fails a replacement bios chip may be worth atry (cheapest anyway)

see New Pre-Programmed Bios Chips

luck :)

Holding down insert will force optimised defaults. Normally used if rig won't post if you've made a mistake changing a bios setting. The routine does work can testify to that.

Might try removing memory & gfx cards & clearaing. B4 my bios chip died i had a similar episode to yourself. Managed to post using single module & old pci gfx card. That made me think it was gfx card - no Loaded optimised defaults saved & exited, turned off & put nirmal gfx card in ran fine.

Week later bios chip died.

well i just called DFI and for a $10 deposit they are sending me a new one, and I send back my old one once i get the new one (so its free, minus shipping)

should be here friday

which sucks in its own but i still cant believe this even happened. all i did was something ive done 10000000 times, and A64tweaker doesnt even make changes at bios-level anyway, it just changes it temporarily... so i dont get it AT ALL.