chipset cooler replacement

comgrif

i was looking at replacing the northbridge cooler on my SLI-DR with a vantec iceberq 4 however people say that there are some modifications that need to be made in order for it to work. can someone show me what needs to be done? thanks :D

be-careful and try to remove the pad on the back of the stock heat sink and use it i read somewhere that someone experienced arcing but who knows what else they did.

This GPU coller works very well Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler! even scraping off the junky stock thermal paste and an artic application will drop the temps about 4deg or so.

Here is a great guide by Angry http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20827

also the wing span on say a xp-90 with a 92mm fan will blow across pmic and drop those temps as well!

does someone have a link to the Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler? also i have a thermalright xp90 witha 92mm fan in it, but i have a 7800gt that blows that hot air right onto the chipset. im going to get iether an accellero x1 or a VF900CU. i havent decided yet.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

NEIN/NO

take off HSF, clean the evercool, apply trusty as5, and clip on slowly but surely, and watch your temps drop

I think I might do this but.. I have a 6800 Ultra and it sits pretty much | | <-- this far away from the stock fan.. yes I probably could move the card to the second pci-e spot but who wants to do that..

My question is the evercool vc the same size..