chipset cooler replacement

comgrif

but who wants to do that..

I did, a few days after installing my Evercool VC-RE. The move from top slot to the other did lower my NF4 chipset temps a little bit more. However, the move also raised idle temps on the GPU a little bit too since it's now very close to my sound card. GPU load temps didn;t change at all though. Not a big deal overall since temps are so low already with the Zalman on there. Your mileage may vary of course, but it's probably worth at least trying just to see. Worst thing that happened to me in my opinion was that I had to reinstall my video drivers, but they needed updating anyways so it game me an excuse to do it lol. ;)

well heck, im sold. its cheaper too! thanks guys! btw do i need to keep that little foam support thats on the original heatsink or will i be ok without it?
I installed mine without it. just use AS5 or the white stuff. just dont chip the chipset, firm even pressure will be fine. my temps are 34c with 6800gt on top slot.

I think I might do this but.. I have a 6800 Ultra and it sits pretty much | | <-- this far away from the stock fan.. yes I probably could move the card to the second pci-e spot but who wants to do that..

My question is the evercool vc the same size..

You won't have any issues. The Evercool fits nicely under my eVGA 7800GT CO.

Guest Benito

Hello, just replaced dying stock chipset cooler with Evercool VC-RF, temp droped

4 degrees (reading from speed fan) now i got 32 deg C stable, attaching the cooler went smooth, it fits without problems, it is a bit heavier than RE version but I can strongly recommend this one to anyone having to change the stock chipset cooler. Also it doesnt interfere with my graphic card. Hope that helps someone

Hey there guys,

I have a DFi NF4-SLI DR.

Trying to get the Evercool VC-RF here in South Africa is close to impossible. I am considering to get the Vantec Iceberg 4 pro. Will this cooler do the job in terms of fitting and performace?

Also just a question that I am know has been asked quite a few times! Do I need to keep the foam from the original heatsink?

If anybody knows of a site that I could get the Evercool VC-RF and ships internationally that would be AWESOME!

Thanks

Naut

get the iceberg4 not the pro version

i have the pro version and you have more mod to do to the pro then the "normal"

because the hole that keeps the pro in place are wider then the normal verison of the ieberg 4 so you will need to tweak the hole and cute some metal piece

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i got the evercool vcre, i have a thread about it, and its GREAT, under load at 44C compared to 50, i think, when i put the last clip on the evercool pushing it down into my mobo i thought i head A CRACK lol, but just the heatsink (posting from sig pc now, with vcre)

working on a ICeberg 4 PRO i had laying around here, was on a old crappy Gf4 TI4200 that is burn,

just finish cuting what had to be cut i will put it on the mobo when the school will end on 3-4 weeks, dont have the time to mess whit this be4 that time