Please Help with New Build

The Blue Storm 500 doesn't have a 24 pin power connector. It uses an adapter.

The Hiper only lacks the 8 pin power connector.

Between the 2 I'd use the Hiper (and am presently doing so in another rig.)

My Blue Storm 400 watt has a 24 pin power connector, so does the 500watt model.

The Blue Storm 500 doesn't have a 24 pin power connector. It uses an adapter.

The Hiper only lacks the 8 pin power connector.

Between the 2 I'd use the Hiper (and am presently doing so in another rig.)

The Fortron BlueStorm does indeed meet the requirements and is on the good PSU list.

ok just had a look at the blue storm and a few little problems i have with it.

1. i dont like the fact that it has the 20 to 24 pin conversion.

2. my pc is fully acrylic so i need a psu that the extra cables can unplug from.

3. and by wat i was told is that my system is a power hurgary system so i really only want a 580w or a 600w psu.

thanx for the suggestion on the blue storm, i will keep it in mind for if i decide to build up a not so powerfull and flashy PC.

why do u say that wat have i missed???

Seems like you missed just about everything. Your number one reason for not picking a blue storm isn't true. I even linked the power supply so you could go count for yourself. There is no conversion, it's a native 24 pin PSU.

The Fortron is on the A list, the hyper isn't.

But, to each his own... if you go with the type r, at least do it armed with accurate information.

hi its me again ive been looking through a variety of PSU's and have found the OCZ ModStream 520W Modular PSU would u suggest that 1 or wat do u think about it????

(do u think its a right choice for my PC specs to replace that little struggling 400W???)

ok yea my mistake and this is why http://www.silentpcreview.com/article212-page1.html i found this and had a look at it and saw the 20 to 24 pin conversion so i appolagise.

Man, that review is more than two years old. But it's funny that it shows a review date of January 2005. Late and lame.

Since May 2004 the Blue Storm has had the native 24pin ATX connector with the removable 4pin for older boards.