Best config for my budget

skinnie

Hi,I'm building a "new" system based on an DFI NF2 B board..

I have some options in the used market,considering my budget and I want to know which ones are the best...

Processors:Amd 2600+ barton or athlon xp?

Mems:OCZ 2x512 PC-3200 PLATINUM or Gskill PC3200 ZX 1GB or 2 x 512mb Twinmos speed premium

PSU do you think a LC Power 420w Super Silent is enough for feeding this thing an do some good overclockings (not extreme)?

Cooler: I have a zalman if it cools well my p4 3.2prescott I think It shouldn't have problems with and amd like those..

BIOS: which is the best bios?

Talking about reliability:this board gives much problems?what should I know?

What should you know about a DFI NF2 "Sista"????????:) what you want to do is start reading and doing a bit of research afore setting up.....A good start point click on the sig below ;)

Here is the recommended PSU "A" list. These are known to play well with DFI boards. If you want to know more about the one you have PM david hammock (the guy who wrote the recommended PSU's list) and he can give you a definate answer.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

As for your cpu choice if either of those are desktop cpu's then no they wont be so good especialy for ocing, what you want is a mobile athlon xp either a 2400 - 2500 - 2600.......If your gonna run one of these mobo's and want a good OC then a mobile cpu is what you want, its the only way to fly ;)

Have a look around here, most of the "Playah's" run mobile cpu's, the problem you might have is sourcing one, DONT get a 3200xp they dont play well on these mobo at all.

YOur mem choice will be okay i guess, BUT you will have to run CPC at 2T that is "Disabled" in the bios.....

Choice of BIOS, the question is NOT "WHich is the best bios" there is no such thing, you need to test different bios as different bios react different to different setups,,,,,,,most of the bios for these mobo are on my downloads page on site. THe ones there are what most use or have settled with.

IF you have not flashed a bios on a DFI sista afore then you should read the bios section as flashing on these mobo is not to be taken lightly,,,,,,FOR one you should get a bios saviour or a spare bios rom,,,,,you have been warned ;)

If you do your research and read a lot then you should have good preparation so that should minimise on any "problems" you might come across........Like any board you have to do the "ground work" the DFI sistas are NOT an "Out of the Box" solution........There one of the fastest Clocking NF2 out there and as such have there "Quirks"

At hand you have this forum which is filled with the most knowlegable users of this board you will find, so any problems you do encounter hopefully will be fixable :)

I hope you find what yer looking for skinnie.....

For memory modules, i would recommend TwinMOS SpeedPremium PC 3200, as long it has "AA4T" as the last 4 characters in its serial number. Its chipsets are relabeled Winbond UTT CH5, with 4.4 ns speed rating.

In my country, its price is among the most competitive among other high quality brands. I only use the value series, 512MBx2, but also has "AA4T" code on 'em, and they can run up to FSB 243 dual channel in tight timing setting, 2-2-2-11 CPC On.

Not bad for a pair of memory sticks bought for just 80 US$ :nod:

But i have already a zalmann..if I could put it there..I will save some money..

zalman is good, but cannont fit .....go to the zalman page and see if thats fit on your mobo,,,but i dont think so..

see ya