OCZ or Muskin ram for DFI mobo?

opti

ATM I have OCZ 2 x 512mb VX gold series pc4000. They overclock nicely but now I have a better cpu I would like some ram that will go to ddr600.

From what I hear OCZ is the best for DFI boards but I hear Muskin are, maybe, Better ram????

Should I stick with OCZ branded ram or make the switch and why?

Thanks.

DDR600 (TCC5/D) at slightly looser timings obviously wont be that much/any faster then your VX at 2-2-2-5 with a divider...

Yeah well, I ran a little test for myself, I ran cpu at 2600mhz using no divider, then I ran the same test, SuperPi, using a divider and my times were significantly lower. Plus I read somewhere, that DFI mobo's do there best when using no divider.

So that why I would like to get faster ram.

I got the cash to do it so why not hey?

Yeah well, I ran a little test for myself, I ran cpu at 2600mhz using no divider, then I ran the same test, SuperPi, using a divider and my times were significantly lower. Plus I read somewhere, that DFI mobo's do there best when using no divider.

Did you do that test with the same timmings?

2600 1:1 with the VX wil be faster then 2600 with a divider....... DDR600 1:1 at 2,5-3-3 wont be much faster then your VX at 250 5/6 divider and 2-2-2-5 timings.

2600 1:1 with the VX wil be faster then 2600 with a divider....... DDR600 1:1 at 2,5-3-3 wont be much faster then your VX at 250 5/6 divider and 2-2-2-5 timings.
Thats were they always get lost

If you have money i say you go a 2gb kit.. more ram can definitely outperform faster timing ram...

WHen you do have your ram on a divider, your times will be lower...

unless you are using a program like SUperPI, for example a simulation in Matlab, all the time, those timings will have no chance with 1gb more ram... you will see big difference with more ram.. especially if you are running games...

O.k I'm starting to get it now, thanks guys. I do want to get a 2gb kit so obviously getting something with a pc4000 spec would still be good enough on the proviso' that I get more ram??

I have been looking at the OCZ pc4000EB platinum stuff, a better choice than the VX gold that I already have you think?

I have this mems:

Mushkin Xp4400 - 2x512

OCZ Gold - 2x512

OCZ EB - 2x1GB

GSkill HZ - 2x1GB

Corsair 3500LL - 2x1GB

And i have tested: TwinMOS, lot of Corsairs, and many more...

And i have no problem with this mobo at all!

SuperPi is more like a useless memory bandwidth benchmark and overrepresents memory bandwidth. It would be better to run a real-world "benchmark", aka not any artificial benchmark.

When it comes to OCZ and Mushkin, I doubt you will see any systematic difference in performance, reliability or service. G.Skill would be another one, usually cheaper but probably not as good with service (not as big a U.S. office).