Creative Inspire 5200 Center Speaker Problem

edemirci

Hi,

I purchased Creative Inspire 5200 5.1 and a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...After the installation I put some DVD movies for a testing, but I couldn't get any sound from the center speaker. Creative's Diagnostic software shows that there's no problem with the speaker.

By the way, the DVD movies I tried have 5.1 support...I use Direct DVD for watching DVDs. Any of you has an idea for making it work ?

Thanks in advance...

Emre

Go into control panels, then Sounds and Audio Devices, Where it says speaker settings make shure you have Surround Sound Speakers selected. Also Check the driver versons and also switch the center speaker wire to where the left or rigth speaker wire is to be shue its not a short in the wireing. If None of that helps call creative and ask for an RMA. Some Programs dont support dont support surround sound, or It has to be enabeled in the prgram its self.

Thank you all for your kind help,

I am in touch with Creative...The problem is I here the sound of the center speaker when I run the diagnostics. That probably means there is no prob with the wiring.

I wonder if I am missing a point on using the either Creative's or the DVD player's software.

My RMA request would probably be rejected, as there's no problem with the speaker technically.

By the way my sound card's driver version is "Creative WDM Audio Device Driver version 5.12.1.252" and "Creative EMU10KX HAL (WDM) version 5.12.1.250"

Thx...

Emre

I have an Audigy and the Creative 5300. I had something of the same problem when I first built this system. Unplug the "Center Subwoofer" plug from the back of the subwoofer. I know it sounds stupid, but that is the only way I can get my center speaker to work. Everything works totally normal after I do this. To this day I stil dont know why it works, but it does.

hi joseph,

it is really weird but it really worked on my system, too :) Do you think there may be some sound loss when using your method ? Anyway I don't care...I got sound from the center :)

Thank you very much indeed...Take care...

Emre