:) :) :) 7900 gtx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got till the 28th to stepup. I'm gonna wait a while and see what the availability and pricing is on the 7900GTX Super Clocked is before I do. I had doubts about the EVGA stepup program when they were holding onto the high prices on the 7800GTX 512MB, when other sellers were coming down. Having to pay $60 to $100 over my 7800GTX is a no brainer. I'm damned glad I went with EVGA.

So whats the skinny on these 7900gt/gtx cards. Give us some hands on reviews, please?

I like it a lot. Just hit 11,600 (3dmark05) with a moderate overclock on mine with stock air cooling. Probably gonna watercool it if a voltmod looks simple.

Keep ion mind this score is on x64 with evga drivers, I haven't seen nvidia make any compatible with it yet. :rolleyes:

very nice Mr.Van. anyone else? I'm looking for compairison between the 7900gt/gtx also the 7800gt vs 7900gt

Well I had one of the 7800GTX 512 cards for a brief period, and this outdoes that by about 1000 points or so, granted I have a slightly faster processor now. Prior to that I had a pair of 7800GTX 256MB that scored higher, but I swear graphics in actual gameplay is smoother on both this card and the 7800GTX 512. No jitters, nunthin. Never used a GT or Sli GTs so I don't have a comparison, sorry. The only games I've tried this one with so far are Doom 3, Half Life 2, and BF2. Doom 3 actually set itself to Ultra mode (which was new to me) and I ran it at 1600x1200 4x AF and V-sync ON with no problems, smooth as butter. Didn't try any AA since I didn't really need it. Of coure Half Life and BF2 ran just fine maxed out, and I averaged 110 FPS or so in the Half-Life Lost Coast demo at 1280x1024 with 4x AA, 8x AF, and HDR on. I could probably be happy with this card for quite awhile, but seeing as how I can upgrade in 90 days....I guess it'll have to go probably.

In any case, I've been very happy with it so far, very smooth gameplay at higher resolutions with some or all eyecandy turned on, I can't wait for Oblivion on Monday!!! :nod: The whole reason I started this computer was for that game, so I'll let you know then. Maybe even share some FRAPS vids over a torrent if you like. :)

dannny boy, im still 49th in queue, i want to see some 3dm06, also, go to nvidia.com and head over to their download page, theres a beta driver that supports these there.

Nope, whenever I try to install it says it can't find compatile hardware. Beats me whats up with it, be kinda nice if they'd figure sometihng out...probably waiting for Ati to bring out a new card...

As for 3dmark06, I'll go ahead and do a quick run, I believe I hit 6200 last time I tried it....keep in mind my CPU is on the above average side...

PS, how'd you guess my real name?? :)

EDIT: 3dmark06 run, just over stock specs on the card with 675/1860, so this could stock for some people and not others, mine is the vanilla version since obviously it overclocked just fine without me paying the extra $50...

Overall: 6273

SM 2.0: 2620

HDR/SM 3.0: 2508

CPU: 2239

dannny boy, im still 49th in queue, i want to see some 3dm06, also, go to nvidia.com and head over to their download page, theres a beta driver that supports these there.

im 38th (since yesterday) in the queue for 7900GT SUPERCLOCK! w00t! i like that name...... SUPERclock......... its so.... super......... :tooth:

heh just got an email from evga :D my name's next on the list! w00t! cant wait to go home to check my card's serial number again to login.........
luck S.O.B :nod: Maybe I'll be in your shoes someday!

yup just got my first stepup claim e-mail for the 7900gt superclocked today. Bye bye 7800gt CO. Only cost me $30 to move from 20 pipe 470/1100 to 24 pipe 550/1580.

Now hopefully the next one comes up...had to wait a bit to get that one back from RMA so I had the serial number. Can't go without SLI for long....

yup just got my first stepup claim e-mail for the 7900gt superclocked today. Bye bye 7800gt CO. Only cost me $30 to move from 20 pipe 470/1100 to 24 pipe 550/1580.

Now hopefully the next one comes up...had to wait a bit to get that one back from RMA so I had the serial number. Can't go without SLI for long....

well im comin from 510/1220 :P

but yeah, only $36 to upgrade from GT CO to 7900 superclock. i just faxed the receipt, hopefully it will all go well..

my only complain is that i have to replace the nvsilencer using the stock cooler... *ugh* lucky i didnt throw that away.....