XP-120 and V1-Ultra Possible?

dfnkt

I have a Lanparty nF4 ultra-d and was looking at adding a Thermalright V1-Ultra GPU cooler to my BFG 6800GToc and a Thermalright XP-120 to cool my CPU, I plan on replacing the fan on the V1 with either 2 panaflo's or 2 vantech stealths. Any recommendations are welcome!

My question was, Is anyone running this setup? Is there clearance on the board to fit these 2 giant coolers? What are your temps?

i have the xp-120 and ultra v-1 and u will not be able to use with both fans with out modding. edit * Personally I use the v1 passively (without any fans connected)

gpu=

idle 35c

load 55c

cpu= 30c , 40c

this is with adequate airflow.

Here is a link to a guy who bent his pipes to fit two fans. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44526

Also the fan in front really dosent do much. (from my testing) :)

I saw on a few places where adding the front fan lowered it by about 3 degrees celcius, what video card do you have?

Also thermalright says that the fan on the XP-120 will cool the back of the V1

I saw on a few places where adding the front fan lowered it by about 3 degrees celcius, what video card do you have?

Also thermalright says that the fan on the XP-120 will cool the back of the V1

7800gt as in sig.

Well I have had my v1 for about 3 months or so … I have tried multiple configurations to optimize cooling and noise. Below is the best config I have come up with and I am very happy with. Very quiet very cool…

Also I would not rely on the xp-120 (fan) to provide adequate airflow for your v1.

I have an acrylic case and I modded the side window to fit two 120mm fans. These fans are blowing directly on my pci slots. Theses fans are very quiet (ultra) so i leave them full load even though they are connected to my fan controller. Also by not physically connecting fans to hs I eliminate any possibility of damage caused by vibration.

Gpu 35c idle 55c load w/ 1.5v mod

This has also enabled me to disable my chipset fan as we all know is loud and subject to failure. (Chipset 35c idle 37c load)

*note all temps are recorded with a room temp = 68-70f

Yes, when my tube of AS5 comes I'm going to replace the current TIM with it on the NB fan, that thing for some reason on my board is super noisy, at times it even vibrates, so i keep it turned to 45 percent in Speedfan. My current cpu temp with stock fan @ 50 percent speed is 31c idle, 38c load according to speedfan. GPU idle is around 65c and 78c max under load. NB fan is around 55c.

What fans would you recommend? I saw the Vantech stealths are rated for 56CFM @ ~20dBa (120mm) Would you go with vantech, or something from maybe titan, papst, or panasonic

New case I'm getting tommorow (should be here from newegg) is the Centurion from Cooler master, blue aluminum on accents on the front, front mesh grill, I'm going to replace the 80mm intake fan with hopefully at least a 92mm in an 80mm housing.

Yes, when my tube of AS5 comes I'm going to replace the current TIM with it on the NB fan, that thing for some reason on my board is super noisy, at times it even vibrates, so i keep it turned to 45 percent in Speedfan. My current cpu temp with stock fan @ 50 percent speed is 31c idle, 38c load according to speedfan. GPU idle is around 65c and 78c max under load. NB fan is around 55c.

What fans would you recommend? I saw the Vantech stealths are rated for 56CFM @ ~20dBa (120mm) Would you go with vantech, or something from maybe titan, papst, or panasonic

Well for my xp-120 i used the thermaltake, which i would not recommend. (Loud, I do not run at load).

For the side panel I used the “ultra” 120mm uv translucent 12v which I am very happy with. So I can recommend them from experience. (im sure theres better)

I also would keep my csf @ 4500 rpms prior to the side panel 120mm mod. Now with the 120s my chipset went from 45c idle 48c load to 35c- 37c. With out csf plugged in.

Maybe I should go ahead an order an NV5 from artic cooling since I'm planning on using the XP-120? I mean it would save some money (the rev 2 NV5 is like $15 now) and not run into clearance problems. I'm trying to get the quietest coolest PC possible without much work, I can do all the modding, it's just finding the time to do it.

Maybe I should go ahead an order an NV5 from artic cooling since I'm planning on using the XP-120? I mean it would save some money (the rev 2 NV5 is like $15 now) and not run into clearance problems. I'm trying to get the quietest coolest PC possible without much work, I can do all the modding, it's just finding the time to do it.

well i like my v1 and there is no necessary modding but i have stated before im not sure its worth $40 plus. I would buy mine again cuse it looks sweeet...lol and it dose do the job. :)

i have the xp-120 and ultra v-1 and u will not be able to use with both fans with out modding. edit * Personally I use the v1 passively (without any fans connected)

gpu=

idle 35c

load 55c

cpu= 30c , 40c

this is with adequate airflow.

Here is a link to a guy who bent his pipes to fit two fans. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44526

Also the fan in front really dosent do much. (from my testing) :)

Cool someone linked to me. :)

The fan on the lower part (front?) of the V1 Ultra wasn't put there to help keep the GPU cooler. I used a modified 92mm fan becuase the PWM IC area on my X1900XT needed airflow. Without a fan, my PWM IC temps went out of control. With that added fan on the bottom, the PWM IC area received just enough aircooling to keep their temperatures under control.

Well I'm trying to keep the computer fairly silent, this is my reason for getting 120mm fans, as it stands now, my pc is the only thing you can hear in my room, even with all of them turned down with speedfan. You can hear my pc over the t.v. part of the time and when you get ready to go to sleep, its really annoying and most of the time I turn my pc off, but I hate doing that.

Any recommendations on what to do with the NB Fan? It vibrates running at full speed and still runs the same temp as if I turn it down in speedfan (55c) I like the idea of turning the fan off but don't know that I trust doing that.

Edit: this is kind of off topic, but for the Ultra -> SLi mod on the chipset, where can you buy the conductive paint, and also, didn't DFI finally catch on to this and in later boards prevent the mod from happening?

Any recommendations on what to do with the NB Fan? It vibrates running at full speed and still runs the same temp as if I turn it down in speedfan (55c) I like the idea of turning the fan off but don't know that I trust doing that.

My solution to csf is … i have two 120mm on my side panel placed over the pci slots. They keep my chipset @35-38c with out chipset fan plugged in. This has been the case for well over two weeks.

Prior to the 120s i used csf and i had avg. temp 45c. :)

*room temp 68-70f