Overclocking FX-55?? NEED HELP!!!!

OK could you post your BIOS settings here and was the rig prime95 stable?? Thanks....

Oh jeez... yuo want my bios setings? well i might post those up later...

it shouldnt be that hard... and you should be able to see what i did for the most part from the photos i took!

ran prime95 for 12 hrs and not 1 error!

I am sure I would be able to run it at 2.9ghz stable as well.... but I am overly cautious!

Could never get my FX-55 past 2.8 Ghz stable on air. Not going to spend the money on exotic cooling to do so. Not worth it.

Plenty of processors out there that will OC past the FX-55 (stock) with little effort, for a lot less money.

Charles

I am a first time overclocker.... with a $25 heatsink.... and i got to 3.0ghz and I never saw a BOD.... I probably could have reached speeds well beyond 3.0ghz....

But.... I want to be 100% stable....

Its not that hard man try the settings I used!

OK, finally got to 3.0 last night and today its been fine 12hrs. prime and not 1 error and temps are not too bad 49*c full load after 8hrs prime. Ill take it. So, I am very happy and glad I have it at 3.0 took a bit of time and sweat. Its back down to 2800 this afternoon just dont need that 3.0 all the time, nice to know I can have it when I want it.