Newark 6/23 Bios Wrong VCore/Speed

I have a highly modded case with 4 tornados bringin air in and 2 120's exhausting out the top through the radiator. Temps are impossible to know since the sensor on this board are fubared. Apparently they are within acceptable range since its prime stable overnight so who cares.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to notify you guys if you didn't know. When you get the "RAID Detect screen" error, this usually because the Max Async Latency and the Read Preamble timings are set incorrectly for the processor to boot. I've tried many different settings for these to values, and finally just said F it after getting such mixed results, and set them both to Auto.

The 250Gb seems to find a good value for both of those and the chip seemed to perform better after changing them both to auto. Otherwise I had MAL at 10 and RP at 7 and that would boot to OS about 3/4 of the time.

Just wanted to let you know that incase you were stumped as to why that continually happens.

Just want to notify you guys if you didn't know. When you get the "RAID Detect screen" error, this usually because the Max Async Latency and the Read Preamble timings are set incorrectly for the processor to boot. I've tried many different settings for these to values, and finally just said F it after getting such mixed results, and set them both to Auto.

The 250Gb seems to find a good value for both of those and the chip seemed to perform better after changing them both to auto. Otherwise I had MAL at 10 and RP at 7 and that would boot to OS about 3/4 of the time.

Just wanted to let you know that incase you were stumped as to why that continually happens.

Who said anything about RAID Detect error? One thing I've learned with this board, hardly any settings are good for more than one board.

But, you nevere, ever know. Thanks for the tip.

Detecting Raid Array occurs to me when I oc too high that it would not boot into windows, but just show this array detection on a loop. I just backdown or increase the vcore to get rid of it. I did try using cmay119's method, and it works. Thanks for the tip.

Man you guys gotta try this board as an upgrade path when your ready to move to pci-e. This chipset is able to boot at memory speeds unobtainable on the NF3 250 GB. Dont get me wrong I love my GB's but this chipset is the cats meow once you get a handle on it. 260X12 now 1:1. Good stuff. The extra vid card mem reduces the system memory requirements of the newer games so a gig will suffice for a year or so more. I run BF2@1600X1200 everything on 35-cap FPS with occaisional dips into the teens when arty is killin me. Funny thing is my old azz 3400 CO clawhammer even rocks on this board. It scored like 9300 in 05. Go figure. Just a suggestion for anyone with a spare 754 core lyin around. BTW it sells for 75$ us bux wow what a deal that was.

It is surely a great board. But, I don't play games much. I just need the raw speed to run htpc front end and watch movies with ffdshow on. At 3.0GHz, cpu is running at 70%. I was also doing autoGK xvid transcode, listen to music (from htpc front end), and surfing the web, all at 100% cpu. Just amazing. Who said single core s754 cannot do multi-tasking?

Man you guys gotta try this board as an upgrade path when your ready to move to pci-e. This chipset is able to boot at memory speeds unobtainable on the NF3 250 GB. Dont get me wrong I love my GB's but this chipset is the cats meow once you get a handle on it. 260X12 now 1:1. Good stuff. The extra vid card mem reduces the system memory requirements of the newer games so a gig will suffice for a year or so more. I run BF2@1600X1200 everything on 35-cap FPS with occaisional dips into the teens when arty is killin me. Funny thing is my old azz 3400 CO clawhammer even rocks on this board. It scored like 9300 in 05. Go figure. Just a suggestion for anyone with a spare 754 core lyin around. BTW it sells for 75$ us bux wow what a deal that was.
is that

NF4-4X Infinity board socket 754?

• 2 weeks later...

I realise the cpu's mem controller has the most to do with it but I can clock it way higher using only one 2gb stick in slot 1.

Edit: Sorry I found Learner's Permits answer in an old thread. I would buy a NF4-4x and give it a go but I feel I deserve a new AM2 based rig shortly.