Newark 6/23 Bios Wrong VCore/Speed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MonarchComputer.com $198US

They do ship international, but you need an American based credit card, like Amex. CaptPronto said you can pay by money order. In any case, it is S754 which you cannot use on your nF4 mobo.

That would be Capt Proton.

I paid with my Canadian Tire Options Maser Card. My first attempt, also with a Master Xard from someone else, didn't work, but the Options card did. Probably depends on if the bank sponsoring the card has US affiliations or not.

Doesn't matter. The way the loonie is going, we'll be the ones with the hammer soon. (just kidding. I have no axe to grind wih the US.

Now running 13X230, 1.5 volts with RAM on 9/10 divider. Temp in OCCT 42C.

Sorry to misquote your name.

I am 8 hr prime stable at 250x12= 3000 MHz as in sig.

Trying for higher. My top cpu speed at 1.5v is between 265 and 270, with dram out of equation, chipset at 1.7v.

I am testing 255x12@9/10 ratio for dram.

Hope someone can confirm max CPU Vcore is 1.6 so I can go higher.

This is real fun :D

Did you up the chipset to 1.7v? I need that to run at 3x LDT/FSB ratio. Each PSU is different. Altho I gave mine 1.5v, I see 1.52v in SmartGuardian. Also, try 250x12, sometimes lower multi may give different results.

Did you up the chipset to 1.7v? I need that to run at 3x LDT/FSB ratio. Each PSU is different. Altho I gave mine 1.5v, I see 1.52v in SmartGuardian. Also, try 250x12, sometimes lower multi may give different results.

Yes, I understand the different result part, but, if I go beyond 240 I will have to disable my back up hard drive. I suppose I could, and just set the HTT down when I need it, but that would be a pain. I do have my chip set at 1.7. Now that I'm getting a handle on what the chip likes, I will be setting it back to see if I really need it. I don't use Smart Guardian. It was nothing but a big pain for me. I use Smart Fan. I don't think it makes much difference, as they all read the same info from the board. I have set my VCore to 1.55, but am reading 1.52 in Speed Fan and CPU-Z. It will go over 1.55 when I put a load on it. I'm also not convinced that I have a good mount on my heatsink. Idle of 34 and 46 for load is higher than I would expect it to be with my Exos 2. If it doesn't settle down by this weekend, I'll remount with AS5 instead of the Shin Etsu.

This core is prime stable at 242X13 1.625V. with water cooling. Prime stable at 243X13 1.65V but I decide to run 24/7 at 1.625V. for 2 months and no problems.

What are your temps like? Please include room temp so I can relate it to my own.

Although I passed Prime and OCCT at 13X230, I am having issues during boot up. Starting to lock up after it detects the RAID array, then starts the POST all over again. If it does boot, everything is fine.

$300us wow

hows the performance compared to an athlon64 on 939 running at 3ghz or a fx or an opteron runnign at 3ghz?

It is a lot easier to reach 3 GHz than the opty. Mine is running at 3 Ghz with only 1.5v Vcore, Two others can do it at 1.45v and 1.475v. Another user is runing at 3.1GHz with 1.6v Vcore. My temp on air is 38c idle and 42c full load. I looked at the overclock threads and see most of opty's have not reached 3 GHz. This newark cpu and nf3 board is the best combination for a single core machine.