3DMark06 Score......

bigkibby

how about adjusting the tREF? i've heard that can be a limiting factor in overclocking.

also, 1T/2T it makes 100mb/s or so difference in bandwidth and about 8ns in system ram to memory contrller. so in video games that would amount to a few FPS diferrence which makes no difference, but in 2D desktop apps, you will feel that little pop-up quickness desolve when changing from 1T to 2T. and long intensive tasks like transcoding or encoding and burning dvd's or rendering home made movies and opening heavy apps like Photoshop and working with it. you feel a bit of snappiness gone using 2T.

have you tried running your ram in slots 2&3? and as CPDMF said changing the MAX Async is another setting to help. you also could try raising the tRFC upwards to 20 in steps tp see if that helps.

running memory dividers with a higher HT Bus will help on your cpu overclock. i've read a couple people stating that they couldn't get HT Bus frequencies from 210~220 to work, they were very flakey, but once they skipped over that and when to 230mhz+ the board stabled right out.

to get 1T back you'll prolly need to work more with your Alpha timings. i would set my ram to a loose 3-4-3-10, then work with all the other memory settings to see if you can get 1T. then slowly but surely dial the timings in for the frequency you want.

TGM

I never got much out of Tref with 2 X 1 gig with either my Newcastle or my Venice. There was a range of 2000 to 3200 that it would work in, anything over or under would give problems, anything in-between was all the same.

With the Radeon X850 XTPE holding the top spot on AGP hardware up until now, NVIDIA hasn't had a solid high performance AGP showing since the power hungry 6800 Ultra. With prices on the aging, high-end 6 series parts absurdly high, it is quite nice to see an AGP 7 series part show up with good performance, lower power requirements, better features and a friendlier price tag, at about $300. Even though the X850 XTPE is generally faster than the new NVIDIA part, the price tag is a little steeper as well, at about $400. This leaves ATI holding onto a claim for the fastest AGP solution out there, but the feature set of the 7 series part is a bit more refined than that of the venerable X850.

Along with high performance (for an AGP system), the 7800 GS brings a more efficient architecture to the platform. With the math revisions and added features of the 7 series, per clock and per watt performance is increased over the 6 series parts. Transparency AA might not be very performance-friendly on newer games, but older titles and CPU limited games will certainly benefit from enabling it. Other features, like SM3.0, are also an advantage, as most of the ATI AGP hardware still doesn't support this. It remains to be seen what ATI will do in response to this move by NVIDIA, but the fact that there are AGP versions of the X1600 available indicates that ATI hasn't completely pulled out of the platform yet.

welp, i think once i get my new build up and running and i'm comfy with it and know it's performance well. i'm going to sell my beloved X800XT-PE sad-smiley-012.gif. i'm an ATI fan, i've tried nVidia in the past but the rendering quality always brought me back to ATI. BUT ever since the GForce6 series the quality has been almost equalled. so i think i want to buy the 7800GS CO AGP card. the biggest reason? SM3.0 which makes it supported by WinVISTA (longhorn) and the new DX10 games coming out. it's a sad day that i have to go with nVidia vid card, but it's the next gen card and ATI's nex gan x1600 AGP is 100USD more, has 4 less pipes, has only a 128bit mem bus; but i guess they had to balance features for the 512mb vram that comes with it as the 780GS AGP has only 256mb. but the 7800GS will know down the x1600 AGP b/c of it's 16 pipes and 256bit mem bus. (yes, the 7800GT PCIe has 20pipes)

just hope i don't have to do anymore mods to my water cooling blocks since the 7800GS is a freakin huge card! ...compaired to my X800XT-PE. ...i feel like i'm betraying a loved one, lol

TGM