Looking for simple way to auto-install programs with Windows.

Nero.Jacinth

Like the title says, I am looking for a simple way to integrate software installation into the windows installation disc. I am tired of installing windows, then going through and installing 40 different programs; half of which ask me to restart. I have looked all over the internet, and the only place that looks even remotely close to what I want is at MSFN.com. But their guide is way too complicated, I don't know how to write a batch file or a runonceex.cmd. Any help is immensely appreciated.

Maybe this isn't the direction you're wanting to go, but why not a product like Symantec Ghost? I use it both at work and at home. At home, I get my machine just right, take a backup image, and then always have a good, working, fresh install of Windows to fall back on.

At work we do the same but sysprep it so we can deploy the same image on multiple machines.

You can certainly do a lot to script a bunch of apps, but it gets really tricky (as you might imagine) as you start stacking a lot of apps and factor in required restarts. It can be done, but I don't know that the result is worth the effort.

My $0.02.

I read through that forum a few times, but i didnt see an area where you can select to install to a specific path. Also, im not quite sure if i understand how this makes them promptless installs?

I read through that forum a few times, but i didnt see an area where you can select to install to a specific path. Also, im not quite sure if i understand how this makes them promptless installs?

The add ons install to the default directories, etc. The ini file in the cabs allows the use of switches to install the program so you can make the software install silently. Just look at the examples in the forum or download an addon to check it out. Its really the simplest way to install common software if you don't mind the defaults and if you find doing things like runonce too difficult.