Which PCI-E slot?

I know what you mean krueL.

I guess however, that there are some questions that just get's asked so many times it's not even close to funny talking about them anymore. I guess it was one of them you just asked. :)

I always think that forums are a great place just because you can ask a question and get a reply from someone who knows what they are talking about. And especially when you are a newb like me. :) And if you are not really sure what words to even use when searching, since you don't really have agrasp on the thing you are tryign to find out, I definately think people "ought" to respond, even if it is just typing some keywords to get you going searching.

I guess in your case the search would have been pretty easy, "SLi what slot" I typed and got the answer in a thread on the first search page.

But I understand where you are coming from. :)

EDIT: And with 100 of dollars in hardware, you can never have too much info. ;)

Its simple, perform a search by clicking on the search button at the top of the forum page. I would recommend doing an advanced search and search the Nforce4 forum by title for terms such as "slot" "which" "difference" "lower" "upper" "bottom" and you will find a wealth of info that has all been discussed in much detail before on this subject. Then you will see and agree that the subject does not really need to be discussed any more and any further additions can be added to one of the many existing threads.

Being told to search is not a rude reply as such, it is merely teaching you for the future, that you do need to have the courtest to follow forum guidelines and advise, of which is to search before posting.

Regards

you have two options. You can either put the card in the top slot closest to the cpu and be good to go or you can put it in the second pci-e slot.

If you put it in the second slot however you will need to enable the sli jumper....i think....

kudos...

yea i joined this forum just now so that i can find out the answer to the same question.

I currently have my single eVGA 7800gtx KO in the lower one. where exactly is the jumper; im in school right now and i left the manual at home along with the box. I was told by someone at anadtech that i should come here. Also, do you people with the expert board have an idea if by putting the card in the lower slot makes the chipset temps higher? i am getting cpu idle: 20C, PWM IC idle: 25C and then chipset idle 38C. On hotter days my cpu idles at 27C pwmic at 34C and chipset at 45C. I was wondering if it is because my card comes in contact with the northbridge fan, that the hot air rises from the extra long heatsink of the gfx card, and that warm air makes my chipset hotter. or is the chipset on the expert boards just high in general? That was my original question and then someone pointed out that he didnt know if it made the temps higher, but that the card would be slower in the second slot. so in short, those are my two questions.

This is a pic i took with my phone camera, as you can see the gfx card comes in contact with the lower edge of the fan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/uha...ll/DSC02988.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/uha...ll/DSC02989.jpg

Being told to search is not a rude reply as such, it is merely teaching you for the future, that you do need to have the courtest to follow forum guidelines and advise, of which is to search before posting.

well I am incline to agree with krueL as I have asked questions on this site and got nothing but smart butt people saying surch for it . this does not always work . as I am trying to find where the PWMIC is on my mobo and have come up empty handed I was looking for the exact place where it is and all I got was the temp prob. I have also asked many othere question here just to get no responce . the fact that this forum is here is a mistery to me . as there are no people that realy want to spend the time to answer any question no matter how many times it has been posted . one thing I know for shizzle is that you would get a answer with in 30 min if you asked on AMD's forum . I have been a member there for years and have seen the same thread or post's over and over and not once have I ever told some one to use the search ! that to me is .ing lazy . to tell some one to search is like to tell your 5 year old kid to get a job and pay for that doll. WTF?

If you all here are to lazy to give out answers then why the hell do you even have this forum? just go to AMD and get what you need faster with out the go find out for yourself attitude you get here .

as I am trying to find where the PWMIC is on my mobo and have come up empty handed I was looking for the exact place where it is and all I got was the temp prob.

http://hardwarelogic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20

I have been a member there for years and have seen the same thread or post's over and over and not once have I ever told some one to use the search ! that to me is .ing lazy . to tell some one to search is like to tell your 5 year old kid to get a job and pay for that doll. WTF?
The reason is because most people are indeed lazy and just want someone to tell them - period. Unless you have a very strange problem or situation I can almost guarantee the answer is on here if you spend 5 minutes looking. I haven't been a member here too long and the info I have seen on here is staggering. Much more than just about any other vendor related site. Besides, people tend to learn better when they do the work themselves. Let's not turn this into a flamefest guys...