Help with my G.Skill HZ and UltraD

Qbackin

The 623-1 BIOS seems to work well with these sticks. I had issues with the 704-2BTA bios. Since I switched I haven't had any issues and runing @ 260Mhz 2.6v

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had some G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit (F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ) (due to my crucial Ballistix going bad) this morning put them through 5 hours (maybe should of do longer anyway) memtest no errors so on to the overclocking I know my cpu is good for 2.9Ghz-3ghz

Crucial post number 760: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29743&page=51&pp=15

At the moment going through memtest 264*11 no errors, I do not believe that my crucial cost me a £100 pound more last August and these G.skill are doing the same job as my Ballistix did (but my crucial lasted a good 2-3 months before they started to play up so I will hope these will last longer then 3 months stable and error free)

Some settings (if anyone can suggest any improvement please post or pm me thanks): http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktopa5cc.jpg

G.Skill : Looks promising and the price is not bad to.

FZ1..

I think you right about 623-1.. Thats one bios I never really tried and not for any particular reason .. Basically the 704-2bta and 623-3 have always treated me well with other ram and I was always able to tweak it to work..

Last night after seeing you suggest it I flashed and loaded up these settings that I was using before at 270x10 which was failing prime in less then 10 mins.. Now it ran 2 hours before I had an error.. So its not 100% stable yet but I believe this is a step in the right direction.. ;)

Vdimm @ 2.6v 270x10 1:1

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 200 1:1

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 3

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 4 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 8 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 4 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 12 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 16 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 2 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 3 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 2 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 3 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - 1560

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - 6

DRAM Data Drive Strength - 2

Max Async Latency - Auto

DRAM Response Time - Normal

Read Preamble Time - Auto

IdleCycle Limit - 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 04 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(4 Bursts)

One thing im still trying to figure out is what type of DS these sticks like.. Ive seen Ryder from OCZ recommend 6 or 2 (normal) and then I see some people using weak settings too..

Qbackin.. hope you dont mind me jacking your thread slightly..hehe.. But I figure since we are all trying to tweak the same IC it will help for us to share our findings..

My mission is to stablize 270mhz x10 to max out my cpu.. Once I get that stable (IF it happens)and put it in the DB I'll rest..lol..

By all means threadjack it bud! This is a great thread for peeple to check out if they have these sticks anyway :)

Im gonna try those settings at 270x10 as well.

EDIT: As usual it passes pi but fails prime in seconds :rolleyes:

Im gonna have to find another chip.

One thing im still trying to figure out is what type of DS these sticks like.. Ive seen Ryder from OCZ recommend 6 or 2 (normal) and then I see some people using weak settings too..
I am using Level 7 for DS and 3 for DDS. There are some excellent threads for this RAM here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74524

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85269

I flashed and it still fails in seconds. Im just gonna have to try another cpu :sad:

Be sure you do a FULL CMOS CLEAR after the BIOS flash or else it could give you probs.

If you put your memory on a divider (below stack speeds) do you still fail prime? If so, it's not your RAM but your CPU.

Try running memtest out of the BIOS. If it passes, it doesn't mean it's windows stable so try and use a Windows memtest program to see what you get.

I am using Level 7 for DS and 3 for DDS. There are some excellent threads for this RAM here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74524

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85269

Thanks dude.. Ive looked through most of those threads.. I'll give those DS and DDS settings a try.. But this is my last try to get them running at 270.. I have more fun things to do..hehe..

Geez... I havent played BF2 in over a week because of this ram..lol.. So if this dont work back goes my ballistix and maybe ill just retire this UCCC to my 250gb rig..

Be sure you do a FULL CMOS CLEAR after the BIOS flash or else it could give you probs.

If you put your memory on a divider (below stack speeds) do you still fail prime? If so, it's not your RAM but your CPU.

Try running memtest out of the BIOS. If it passes, it doesn't mean it's windows stable so try and use a Windows memtest program to see what you get.

I did a full reset and no go.

It does fail with a divider. This is why I need to try a new cpu. Damn tease, its boots fine at 255x11.

Thanks dude.. Ive looked through most of those threads.. I'll give those DS and DDS settings a try.. But this is my last try to get them running at 270.. I have more fun things to do..hehe..

Geez... I havent played BF2 in over a week because of this ram..lol.. So if this dont work back goes my ballistix and maybe ill just retire this UCCC to my 250gb rig..

lol tell me about it, im about to pull ma hair out :shake:

Im sure youve more fun things to do :cool:

Im gonna search for a proven OCer.

Anyone know what a CABYE 0542FPMW opty 148 will do?

Or a CABYE 0543FPMW ?

I did a full reset and no go.

It does fail with a divider. This is why I need to try a new cpu. Damn tease, its boots fine at 255x11.

You need to SLOW down and test each component to find their maxes.. I said back in this thread that just cuz it boots at 255x11 that means squat.. :tooth:

Getting another cpu isnt gona help you if your still in a rush and not testing things seperatly .. Just my opinion.. Your trying force it to overclock but right now and your fighting instability from your ram AND cpu because your not isolating them..

Do you know what your cpu maxes at with a divider ?