x1900 BIOS not recognised

this is the weirdest problem i have yet seen so ANY comments will be appreciated.

i have installed a new x1900xt on my nf4 ultra-d. the card works and the drivers have installed fine.(cat 6.1) but cat control centre reads the cards clock settings as 500/600. it still allows all the settings to be used - 1600x1200, AA and AF etc. but then when i try to open ATI tray tools, it comes up with "card BIOS not found, contact vendor".

so i get another one. install. driver clean. fresh driver install. same.

answers on a postcard chummers. it beats me.

what settings am i missing. i'm plenty savvy with tech and OC'in but dont much about PCI-e and graphics cards. has anyone had this problem or heard of it?

Guest Dynamic

ATI Tray Tools probably doesn't recognize it for a good reason. It's a brand new video card that just came out on Tuesday, so you should probably wait for a newer version of ATT or search for ATI Tool which i'm running for my modded/overclocked x800 GTO which works pretty damn good to tell you the truth. here....

Latest development build available is: 0.25 Beta 12

Major changes to the latest stable version are:

* Added support for NVIDIA video cards

* Addded support for ATI X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900

* Added voltage control for ATI X1800

* Added current draw monitoring for ATI X1800

* Added VDDCI change for ATI X1900

* Fan & Voltage settings can be saved to a profile now

Download here...

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

ok i can agree with your reasoning for ATT but what about cat control centre only showing 500/600 clocks? is it running at those speeds or is it just showing those speeds? that was why iwas trying to get into ATT anyway.to check.

Guest ElAguila

I read that there is a problem with the 6.1 drivers and the x1900xt. Try the beta driver for that card.

Guest Dynamic

I think the BETA drivers might be on the CD that came with your box, have you given it a shot yet?

yes i initially tried going straight for the cat 6.1 but it wouldnt accept them immediately. so i used the driver cd and that went on fine. then i upgraded to 6.1.

so your saying there is a beta pack on my cd? i will have a look as soon as its out the shop (testing).

ok

i have just been reading a review over on driver heaven. they have screenies of CCC overdrive which says clock speeds.see link

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/X1900X...x1900/index.htm

now am i being real stupid or does "current VPU speed" not relate to a damn thing. coz they interpret the "requested clock speed" as being the actual clock speed.

is this right? have i put my new card back in the shop wrongly? which reading should i be taking as actual?