x1900 BIOS not recognised

Guest Dynamic

I think ATI have some kind of power saver implemented into their software now that has the current and request speeds while either active in 2d or 3d apps/games! So did you install the 5.13 drivers yet or are the 6.1 working now for?

First of all, the X1900 series of cards have two clocks - for 2D and 3D. Once you start a 3D application, the card gets clocked to its full clocks. So you don't have to worry about that. Second, as far as I know right now you have two options with the drivers: either stick with the drivers provided in the CD you got (which are 5.13s modified to recognise the card), or download the latest Omega release which seems to work too. The default Catalyst 6.1 do not have support for the card, so don't even bother using them. Catalyst 6.2 will be released in a couple of weeks and it will have support for the new cards as well (should also provide some nice speed increases in some areas ;))

Since I don't watch this forum very closely, if you have any more questions and I don't answer back quickly, just PM me and I will see it.