i hate microsoft

powsmowl

I'm very impressed with how well Ubuntu installed on my LP-B.

It didn't read my monitor capabilities right so I was stuck at 640x480 until I sorted it out. And I had to find the right driver for my video card. Other than that it pretty much nailed everything.

They've obviously put some time into making the installation simpler. I mean.... some of the things that have given me headaches with Debian (namely sound and networking) are setup automatically during install. It's just cool to be able to click on your Windows network and have it pop right up without having to configure it yourself.

I am running Ubuntu on my webserver and love it. I know a guy that knows a lot about linux, has been into linux for 3-4 years and is a software programmer. Its good to know someone who is into Linux, can just call them up and get some help.

-Will

• 5 weeks later...

no need the windows activation really, get a Corporate Edition of windows XP Pro, and its done, no activation ever needed (but you still need a CORPORATE EDITION ACTIVATION KEY.) its exactly the same thing as xp pro but no need to activate because its done for companies who dont want to waste time activating each computer in their building every time they reinstall windows... I can help you if you cant find what you need... MSN: [email protected]